Zeppelin P Class 1/350 Takom

Started by Paul Barber · 39 · 6 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

The time spent filling and sanding isn’t really reflected in the photos and I still have a little way to go. Tedious but not problematic. The main join looks to fall on a line where the painting demarcation lands. I’m roughing the surface up a little too. In trying to keep with the fact that they were probably not ‘shiny’.

The demons in the kit are said by reviewers to be in the photo-etch, which looks very small!

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Nice subject, Paul.
    I have no doubt that your persistence and effort will pay off in the end.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Some nice progress, Paul @yellow10

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Not something you see every day. I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out despite the reported difficulties that could lie ahead. Looks darned good up to now, Paul @yellow10.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Interesting choice Paul, looking good so far !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @yellow10!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Paul @yellow10.

WOW ! You are not wasting any time with this one... Incredible. I have often thought about building an airship from scratch, using balsa wood and covering it with tissue paper like we did with airplane models as a child. It may make things easier with the seams, but that's where the easy part would end. The main reason why this has never happened is because I don't have the time needed for such a project. Working with small PE parts has always been hard for me.

These early airships were SO cool looking... unless you were under them and they were unleashing their bomb load.

This is an excellent and fitting tribute. As they say "Lest we forget".

Carry on my friend ! I can't wait to see the next steps... 🙂

This is going to look even better when you start painting her up... 🙂

Thank you for doing this project, and for all of your assistance with the group.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks Gents.

Louis, I can imagine you building one of these from wood and textiles. I’m trying to find info on the internal structures. Have been reading a little.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Paul Barber (@yellow10)
    Yes sir, they idea has crossed into my mind on several occasions... and I was sober too ! Just kidding, I'm a "tea totaller", and both my wife and I don't drink or smoke.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 month, 1 week ago:

This is progressing fast. Great choice, Paul.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 month, 1 week ago:

This is really interesting. Love the good work on display.

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Those joins look very good Paul, great progress .

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 1 week ago:

The progress on your model is certainly making it look awesome, Paul (@yellow10), but the PE in this kit has to be insane. Get out your magnifiers and fine tweezers.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

After three weeks without progress of any sort , the not even slightly eagle-eyed will notice two things.

1. Literally 2 things. Long story, but now there are two Zeps. Not planned but happy to be building 2 different airships.

2. Black basing and a dust coating of base colour - which I’m trying to lay down ‘roughly’ avoiding a blanket uniform coating. Overall this will take a few coats over the black, and a few colours over the MRP ‘clear doped linen’ that is being used as the base shade.

If you look carefully the gondolas are also shaping up!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Wow! Now there are two, my friend @yellow10! Looking excellent so far!