Harder & Steenbeck airbrush

Started by Cricket · 13 · 2 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Allow me to brag on this tool. I absolutely hate, loath, dislike, etc etc airbrushing but this has changed my view and skill for that matter! When the weather breaks I hope to have some serious fun with this 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bill Koppos said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Painting is the best part of the trip! This brush should do well for you.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Great, my friend @bikequeen! Have fun with your new airbrush!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks like you will have a lot of pleasure with this airbrush, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

@billkoppos Thanks Bill. I am trying to clear a spot so I can use it properly 🙂

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thank Spiros so far so good 🙂

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks John its a learning curve but will save me tons of money on spray cans “)

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Awesome, Cricket (@bikequeen). Once you start using your airbrush regularly you will wonder how you ever managed without it. I still do some painting with spray cans, but 95% of my models are done with an airbrush. I have heard that yours is one of the best.

• Profile Photo

@gblair Thank George now all i have to do is find a place to use it 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

You will wonder why you bothered with cans, particularly where it comes to heat effects on exhausts etc. Much more control chap. It's worth considering a .5 nozzle set down the line for primer, clearcoat etc. So many things you can deliver with an airbrush...subtly. Just need to keep it clean and the paint thin. They don't all thin the same so "like milk" doesn't cut it. Get yourself a paint mule chap, a very cheap kit or parts of that you can try stuff out on. Enjoy. With your building skills it's a no brainer.

• Profile Photo

@chrisballard. Thank you Chris! I am clearing out a dust free zone in the garage as we speak, i am very excited out this brush. I think this kit came with the .4 tip and nozzle the other is super tiny.. What’s a paint mule? These AK paints are ready to go and I am super impressed with them as well… I’m pumped 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Paint mule is a very cheap kit to try stuff out on first. Scrub paint off, re prime, do something else

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

I really like how mine works. You can get various different sizes of needle and tip assemblies for it. I have a 0.015 for doing small work like a Luftwaffe mottle and I have a larger 0.040 size for doing overall painting work. It has the ability to spray anything you need to as long as you are using the correct size needle and tip. They’re available in different sizes from the smaller .015, then they have a .020, a .030 and a .040 set to choose from.

They are a quality product that will last you a long time. You can get spare parts, like O rings and seals, plus the various needles and seats for it to have on hand. The metal body and the chrome finish are excellent.

In time the small size of the needle seat will eventually wear out and get bigger as you use it. The needle and seats are sold as a matching set so you should replace them together at the same time.

You will notice that you can no longer spray a super tight pattern when it happens. Usually it’s such a gradual change that you don’t notice it right away.

You’re going to really enjoy using it.

I get my small parts and different sizes needles from Spraygunner.com

These guys are great and they are super knowledgeable. Plus you can call them and actually talk with a real life person !