Douglas B-26K Counter Invader in 1/48th

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 125 · 3 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month ago:

Looks good, Chuck (@uscusn). I have read that you get about 90% of the strength from superglue almost immediately, but it doesn't fully cure for 12 hours or so. It never hurts to be careful and let it sit for a while.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Thanks John and Spiros, the gear does make me a bit nervous as it is quite wobbly despite the good contact points. Though even the sturdier struts on the Monogram Invader are also. A jolt of the shelf may break them. So solution, place on strong shelf not prone to shake even during a moderate quake.

Thanks George, that may be true I was not aware of that, just taking precautions and left it upside down overnight. Things like doors or parts that have no stress or load will be ok. Just the act of knocking it off when handling is about the only thing worry about.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

The first Counter Invader I built so long ago I had left it bare of ordnance. This time going to load her up. So starting with the BLU-27 units, I assembled a pair of them.

Next a pair of Mk.81 bombs, with conical tails.

Then a pair of Mk.82 Snake eyes w/extenders.

Next a BLU-23 cannister is assembled.

The bombs and BLU-27 are painted Olive Drab. The Snake eyes have the extenders painted aluminum.

The BLU-23 cannister and Naphalms are painted aluminum.

Next to apply the markings.

More to follow

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Impressive ordnance, my friend @uscusn!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Beautiful progress, Chuck @uscusn
    Quite some heavy load.