Republic F-105G Wild Weasel Revell-Germany (Monogram) 1/48

Started by Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges · 9 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Hi folks,

starting this GB with a building which has been done for some time and now posted here.

The status of all the steps already done - cockpit and then fuselage & wings all together:

20 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Impresive build!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Congratulations on creating this very interesting GB, my friend @mvtb! Count me in for some entries here!
    Superlative work so far on the F-105!

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys,waiting for your buildings here!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Wonderful GB and ditto entrance with your 105, Marcus @mvtb
    Progress on the interior is superb.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 3 months ago:

One thing Monogram got wrong - the F-105G did not have a control stick in the rear seat; that was occupied by a non-pilot-rated WSO, The F-105F on the other hand, which the F-105G was modified from (and which was the original Monogram kit design), was a two-seat trainer to begin with and initially in the Wild Weasels, it retained the controls since the back-seater was also a rated pilot (similar situation to the Air Force F-4C). Obviously an "easy fix."

Herewith a totally self-serving commercial notice: those looking for some "inspiration" for a model can likely find such in my new book, "The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club", named Best Vietnam History of 2021 by the Vietnam Veterans of America. Or you can wait till May and get "Going Downtown: The US Air Force in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos 1961-75." 🙂

• Profile Photo

Tks John,I know you are a WW II guy,glad to have you here.

Tom,thank you VERY much for the correction.Maybe it should eventually migrate to a F variant...

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Lookin good so far!

I don’t know much about that era, other than F-4, UH-1, and MiG 21. But I would enjoy getting in on this group.

Recommendations would be wonderful!

• Profile Photo