Sixty years Germany divided

Started by Michel Verschuere · 117 · 1 year ago · Berlin Wall, DDR, East Germany, NVA, scratch
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Great work on the vehicle Michel @michel-verschuere, is it going to include the numbers "109" in the registration plate?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

The GAZ looks superb, my friend @michel-verschuere! Indeed, it looks an extremely detailed kit and you have made the most of it!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Haha @chinesegeorge, thanks for the suggestion! The looks are far from resembling my "109" and it looks like the kit does not feature a license plate. Thanks @fiveten as said it's a nice car to go with the guard tower but very detailed. At some point I found myself manipulating a 1x1 mm PE part... Not for the faint hearted and good I have a wooden floor, not a carpet(-monster).

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Here is the latest status: Completed the assembly of the body and chassis. I keep in in a corner now for a few days so that it can all set, I then intend to turn to the clear parts.

Look at the detail on the engine, now that the marriage is done, there is nothing to see anymore, alas...

Hope you like it!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

This looks amazing, my friend @michel-verschuere! Pity for quite a few details to be hidden...

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 2 years, 3 months ago:

As promised, finally some progress on this one. Finished 3 models the last month but the weather has been awful. Since I like taking final pictures outside, I must rely a bit on your patience to see them appear in the feed!

Here is the BRONCO models GAZ-69A for my DDR dio. Left to do now is the figure painting, the figures have been assembled already as well as primed!

Meanwhile I also started thinking about my next project!

Happy modeling, folks!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Looking great, Michel @michel-verschuere
    Taking pictures outside gives indeed better results IMHO.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Looks amazing, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Good to have this build back online - thanks.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Hi everyone, worked this one over the weekend, in parallel with my ML-20 post. When lining up the figures, it did indeed look like a boys-and-girls band as @dirtylittlefokker used to say. Where is he at by the way?

I managed to get all the figures painted, last assemblies done and then weather the tower. I call this one 99pct finished. Hardest paint was the German shepherd guard dog:

The senties, his CO and the dog really bring life to this build. I'm glad it's about finished. Will try and take some nice shots outdoor these days and then post it in the main feed.

Figures are Valkyrie miniatures (NVA-NATIONALE VOLKSARMEE) and then an add-on figure for a recent Amusing Hobby DDR T-72 kit. Been a fun build, left is just the AK-47 which still need a paintjob. Paints were mostly AK and standard acrylics (I like to mix color from pictures mijself). This was the one for the DDR Grenzer:

Weathering was done using oils thinned in lighter fluid.
    Hope you like it, happy modelling.

Michel.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looking fantastic, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

The shepperd as well as the other figures do look superb, Michel @michel-verschuere