1/12 Tyrrell P34 (six wheeler) by Tamiya

Started by Michael Ezat · 13 · 1 week ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Meanwhile, another historic car has just arrived that wrote its own history on the tracks.

Immediately recognizable by the architecture of its six wheels, scaled down twelve times, in a model satisfying in every way.

The details and quality are at the levels one expects from Tamiya and it has everything:

Detailed engine, suspension, interior, realistic rubber tires, rich photo-etched tab, cloth belts and decals with everything needed to build an authentic 1976 vehicle.

The photos I took are as you can see the absolutely basic ones, without even taking the frames out of their bags or zooming in on individual details.

We will see all of this little by little during construction.

What is certain is that I have a lot of blue to work with.

That's it for now, more in the next update.

16 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Excellent entry, my friend @faraomike! What a detailed kit!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 2 days ago:

Great entry of a unique F1 car, Michael @faraomike
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 2 days ago:

@faraomike HEY mike! Good luck with that, is that the 1/12th one? I did it a couple years back and it was a total disaster. I will be watching your progress

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

Yes Cricket @bikequeen , is the 1/12 ! Is the disaster due to a kit problem (bad fitting , wrong engineering etc)? I will keep your comment in mind , however, I don't see why this kit would have such issues ...

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

@faraomike sorry Mike I didn't mean to rain on your parade, I am an impatient model builder and that kit was early on in my adventures in model building. It was also one of the original kits and Tamiya didn't have it all together way back then. With some patience I'm sure it will look GREAT

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 weeks ago:

Criket @bikequeen , Impatience and modeling generally do not go together. Maybe you should "educate" yourself a bit... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 weeks ago:

Hi Mike @faraomike, this is a great kit of a classic F1 car. I think it’s pretty much as the original kit with some added etched extras and updated decals. All of these Tamiya kits are great, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the build.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Hello my fellow boys and girls , time for update . First things go first , and following the instructions , the main hub where all the systems and subsystems of the vehicle will be attached to it and the cockpit will be inside is nearing its climax .

I am working mainly with metallic colours (Aluminium , Polished alu , Chrome , Steel , Burning steel , Duraluminium etc) from all the famous companies like Alclad , Gunze , Tamiya etc .

As you can see , two fire extinguishers are installed , one under drivers feet and one in the nose , in the same place that will install at a later time the engine intercoolers (to much hot in a small area) .

Also I have done the steering wheel mechanism in front of the driver , the brake system fluid jars and the drivers foot pedals .

Upper and lower halves fitting is fine , giving space for building the steering mechanism and the engine .

And some notes : The chrome parts is better to de-plating because as usual in these cases they look "fake" . A bath in chlorine-water solution (about 3:7 or more) will do the job after twelve hours having the parts into the solution .

Before glueing anything into final place , check twice . Is very easy to make a wrong like assembling the front suspension upside down, the pieces look the same on both sides, but they are not (this is where the disaster hit you Cricket ?)

That's all for now , next weekend hope to have some news .

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 2 days ago:

That looks really good, Michael @faraomike

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 2 days ago:

@farsomike. Looking SUPER Mike….fantastic start!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 1 day ago:

That’s a lot of work for one weekend, @faraomike, it’s looking good.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Fantastic job, my friend @faraomike!