Ducati Panigale Racer

Started by George Williams · 90 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Hopefully here a couple of pictures of the tail fairing and fuel tank finished with some of the transfers added. Let’s see if these pictures upload successfully.

Looks like these worked OK, don’t know why the fuel tank photo wouldn’t upload. Thanks again for looking.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

This bike is looking very realistic, George @chinesegeorge
    Great work on the fuel tank.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looking wonderful, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros @fiveten and John @johnb. Now on to the part that needs modifying, the nose fairing. The race bike has no mirrors, therefore I needed to fill the holes where they are fixed. Easy, I thought, I’ll just attach the mirrors, snip them off where they join the fairing, a little sanding to finish it off, job done.

Of course it wasn’t so easy. The road bike has some vents behind where the mirrors are fixed, the race bike doesn’t.

Some sprue off cuts and liquid filler and much filler was needed. Unfortunately I didn’t realize the vent holes needed filling until after I had painted the fairing and looked at the transfers. This is a picture of the real thing, look no holes.

I still have problems downloading some of the pictures.

That’s it for now, happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Quite some additional work done, George @chinesegeorge
    Good progress.

• Profile Photo

Nice job so far, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo

Hopefully here are a couple of pictures with the nose fairing finished and attached, let’s try downloading them.

It seemed to have worked this time. Not too much more to do now, just add the side fairings with their transfers and a bit if touching up here and there, and she should be ready for the headlines. Many thanks to Spiros @fiveten, John @johnb, and Rory @rory for your continued support. Look out for the next project starting soon in this group. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Looking absolutely gorgeous, my friend @chinesegeorge! It was a pleasure to follow your thread!

• Profile Photo

Really amazing result, George @chinesegeorge
    Looking forward to see it on the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

OK, Spiros @fiveten, John @johnb, and Rory @rory, here are a couple (I hope) pics of her fully clothed. I painted the side panels with the yellow primer and then Tamiya Italian Red from the spray cans, finally adding the transfers. I made a bit of a cock-up with the LH side, I got the spacing wrong, the RH side is better.

Thanks again for your help and support, see you in Headlines in a couple of days. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Wonderful bike, George @chinesegeorge
    Congratulations on finishing this one.
    The Italian red camo out nicely once more.
    Looking forward to see it on the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Fantastic result, my friend @chinesegeorge!
    Transfers look great on both sides and, regarding the spacing, nothing is immediately noticeable: I bet there would be similar issues in real bikes as well :-).
    This was a wonderful build thread, we do not se too many bikes here, let alone beautifully made ones.
    Looking forward to see her in Headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Wow George, that is one sexy machine. A great job and well done on the modifications! An excellent result and something to be very proud of.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Posted onto headlines today, thanks again to everyone for your help and support.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Well done, my friend @chinesegeorge! Your thread was an utterly enjoyable experience!