Ferrari 641/2 (F190)

Started by Cricket · 38 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year ago:

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @fiveten

Wednesday/Thursday updates. Body parts are mostly done but not pictured in this post

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

I love all the different colors and tones in the engine and frame. Looking really good, Cricket (@bikequeen).

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

@bikequeen - It's progressing beautifully Cricket. Very nice work!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looking awesome, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year ago:

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @fiveten

Well I am waiting for a screw mount to dry on the top of this car, I choose the clear one which was the main reason i bought it. Meanwhile here is today’s progress sides are a bit sloppy but all in all I’m happy with it…more pics in the morning.

I used Michelins from a Ferrari 312, they the wrong size but it look better than no tires :). Excuse the dust which is very prominent in these photos

Still some touch up to do

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

This is really looking great, Cricket (@bikequeen). You are really moving fast on this one. Didn't notice any dust. :o) We just had severe thunderstorms move through, along with golfball size hail and 70 mph winds. We have been lucky so far this spring, but we took a direct hit this time. It was all associated with a cold front. You will probably see it in a day or two.

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - the tires look great. Not many people would know they weren't the right size if you didn't tell them. I'm not seeing 'sloppy' on the sides either... we're usually our own worst critics because we know exactly what we did and didn't do. Looks great!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year ago:

Hi @bikequeen, those tyres are interesting and will look great on the later Ferrari. In fact Tamiya made a mistake with the 312’s tyres, the front tyres are too wide and should be replaced anyway, so they look OK on your model. It’s a funny world.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic progress and really great save on "the tire situation", my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Great progress, Cricket @bikequeen
    To me those replacement tyres do look perfect.
    No dust visible here either.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year ago:

@johnb @fiveten @chinesegeorge @brithebuilder @gblair Thank you everyone! I see tons o dust :). And this pic shows the difference in the tires, the front are much smaller and as such the underside bottoms out….but I guess it has to be

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year ago:

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen

It’s finished, better photos before the top cowling is attached and with. I see the rear spoiler is really crooked 🙁

And can someone tell me why this “port” to the radiator is there?

There are panels to close it but I left them off because of the clear top.

13 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - Hey Cricket, I still doubt many people will notice, but this is what Anthony (@anthonyricco) was talking about - https://chickenhawkracing.com/product/digital-pro-line-model/ They could actually be relatively simple to create from scratch and be a logical addition. Looks to me like aluminum foil would work...

And, if you haven't seen it, I've started a bike build in the motorcycle group. After following you and a few of the other amazing builders, I was inspired to give a motorcycle a shot.

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - Beautiful work Cricket. The rear spoiler is definitely a bit off, it's really not noticeable from any angle except the one from straight behind. The clear cowl is great, the port directing airflow through half of the radiator is a bit odd. I'm interested to read if anyone does know why it's set up that way.

• Profile Photo

A great result, my friend @bikequeen! No clue about the half-ducted radiator exit...