Fiat 131 Rally

Started by Anthony Ricco · 27 · 10 months ago · 131, Alitalia, Automotive, car, Fiat, Italeri, rally, vehicle
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Then the clear coat, after the Tamiya rattle can ate my decals on the Nissan build I tried something different - Tamiya X-22 clear acrylic, not impressed on a car model. (great for military stuff though), it didn't level out nicely and I had to sand and polish a lot to get an adequate finish.

And then once again - who can resist a quick test fit.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking super, my friend @anthonyricco! Pity about the decals.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks like you got the right combination of clear and transfers this time, @anthonyricco.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

@anthonyricco - It is unfortunate that the decals were such a challenge... as a rally car, maybe go for some extreme weathering/race damage. No matter what, the engine and interior detail look fantastic!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

A real pity about the decals, Anthony @anthonyricco
    The idea of Brian @brithebuilder sounds perfect, Those rallycars did look very dirty when crossing the finish line.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

I painted the window trims with a paint pen that I can mix any paint into - works really well.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Glass in and lots of imperfections in the decals - when am I going to learn and just paint - love the engine though.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks great from here, @anthonyricco, cool window frames, and I can’t see any problems with the transfers, Alitalia for ever.

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot @chinesegeorge - lots of chips and breaks on the transfers, so it just gives too many imperfections - I will weather it to try and bring attention off them, but for now I'm done on it. Will come back to it another time - when inspiration hits.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks really great, Anthony @anthonyricco
    After weathering the imperfections will be barely visible. Only if you know about them.

• Profile Photo

Yeah they will probably cover most of them but just need to get in the mood and not rush it.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks excellent from here, my friend @anthonyricco!