Ford GT40 - 1968 Le Mans Winner

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 129 · 6 months ago · custom, Ford, Fujimi, LEDs, Photo Etch, sports car
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 6 months ago:

Weathering 90% done. The door/roof seamline is pretty shallow so it's a challenge to get the wash to settle in and stay. Couple more passes and it should clean up pretty nicely. Just Vallejo Acrylic wash and a bit of airbrush thinner to pull it back off and keep it moving.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 months ago:

Looking great, @brithebuilder, love the lighting. Do you have a picture of the LEDs you used?

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge - Thanks George. Here's a shot of the orange. It's a Nano... 2mm. The taillights are the same size. The headlights are Chip... I think 4mm. I don't have any more to measure. I buy all my LEDs from Evan Designs. I typically buy the 3 volt stuff and the LEDs that need them always have resistors inline so you don't need to do all of that too.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Impressive weathering, Brian @brithebuilder
    As is your work with those tiny LEDs.

• Profile Photo

@johnb - Thanks John. I appreciate it.

• Profile Photo

I think this is the final update... Weathering should be completed... all the PE is attached, I straightened the hood latches, I pulled quite a bit of the wash off to make the weathering more subtle over the hood and roof... I also added Vallejo dark grey wash behind the front wheels. The wash on the door numbers seems far less noticeable in real life.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 6 months ago:

That's one great looking "souped up" Ford, Brian! 👍

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Looking excellent, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months ago:

This came out perfect, Brian (@birthebuilder). I have always loved the blue and orange scheme used on these Ford racers, and you pulled it off perfectly. Well done.