Lamborghini Huracan Performante

Started by George Williams · 13 · 2 days ago · Aoshima, Lamborghini
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Seeing Cricket’s @bikequeen recent Miura posting made me realise that as far as I can remember I’ve never made a model Lamborghini. There’s quite a big range available in 1/24, mainly from Aoshima, but also Hasegawa, Fujimi, and Tamiya’s original Countach.

Being a fan of Jeremy Clarkson’s Grand Tour, I eventually settled on Aoshima’s Huracan Performante.

Along with some essential extras.

I can’t wait to open the box and get started.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Looks like a wonderful kit, George @chinesegeorge
    Keep us updated on the progress.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Excellent entry and nice "extras", my friend @chinesegeorge!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Thanks @johnb and Spiros @fiveten. On opening the box I found lots of sprues of different colours all tightly but safely packed in the relatively big box. I decided to start work on the bodywork, why? Because I wanted to get a good glossy polished finish for a change. Usually I build competition cars from the 60s and 70s which didn’t have highly polished paintwork but this was a modern road car.

After adding the front I gave it a careful sanding and the first coat of white primer, and left it for 24 hours before another sanding and a second coat of primer.

Tamiya have added some new colours to their range and I decided to use TS-92 Metallic Orange as a top coat.

After sanding the primer again this is how it looks after the first coat, I must be self-disciplined and leave it for another 24 hours, not my usual style……..

That’s all for now, thanks for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Excellent job on the bodywork so far, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Love this color and you did a great job on the paintwork, George @chinesegeorge

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Thanks again Spiros @fiveten and @johnb, where would iModeler be without you two stalwarts?
    Unfortunately more sanding is needed before I try the clear coat because there’s a bit of a run on the LH side.

Oh well, never mind, happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Such things happen, my friend @chinesegeorge. Nothing some sanding and recoating cannot fix.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 1 day ago:

A pity to see that, George @chinesegeorge
    Although it will consume some extra time, sanding and repaint will fix it for sure.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 days, 15 hours ago:

Hi @johnb and Spiros @fiveten, I sanded out the run and gave it a couple more coats of colour followed by four coats of clear, now it looks like this.

I’ll give it a couple of days to really harden and then try some polishing.

In the meantime work has started on the front brakes.

The etched discs came from Aoshima’s detail up set which arrived two days ago.

Plenty more to come, the V-10 engine and transmission are next. Thanks again for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 days, 10 hours ago:

This orange looks fantastic, my friend @chinesegeorge. So do the front brakes!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 days, 21 hours ago:

Beautiful result on the orange, George @chinesegeorge
    The brakes do look great as well.
    Recently discovered that my cousin in Canada recently bought one of these, a convertible in white. I think I need to visit him shortly :-).

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 2 days, 2 hours ago:

Nice work, George @chinesegeorge! That's a great color choice! 👍