Started by olivier.rive · 13 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Bonjour,
    After the Porsche's years...

next coming soon...

• Profile Photo

31 years after the victory of the Type D, Jaguar will end the reign of Porsche, which began in 1982.
    The British team starts with the TWR XJR 6 (1986), XJR 8 LM (1987). Designed by Tony Southgate, the XJR 8 outrageously dominated the World Championship, winning 8 victories. There remained the Le Mans 24 Hours. But Porsche 962C of Bell-Stuck / Holbert won the victory.
    In 1988, with the experience, Southgate created for the 24 Hours XJR-9LM, the most obvious feature concerned the body, extremely neat aerodynamic plan.
    Behind a trio of Porsche 962C which occupy leading positions in the grid; the XJR-9LM "2" rushed to the other two Silk Cut Jaguar. Porsche left no respite for Jaguar and, on arrival, the winner had only half a lap ahead of the Porsche ranked second.
    On June 12, the XJR9-LM Lammers / Dumfries / Wallace brought his 6th victory in front of Jaguar 2 962C. The XJR9 LM-ended 1 and 4 in the middle of 9 "962C".
    After 7 years of domination of Stuttgart cars, Jaguar Porsche bends, reinstating the tradition of great duels of the 60's (Ferrari-Ford)
    and 70 (Porsche-Ferrari, Matra-Ferrari, Porsche, Renault).
    the kit:

Hasegawa provides an attractive model in white plastic hard enough ... the level of details is correct but, unlike the Tamiya car, there is no mécanique. Forms seems respected.
    The boxes can contain 2 decorations according to their origin, with or without tobacco ... In 2 cases the board is enormous and promises a good time to set up.

First assemblies and painting in white:

reference page;
    http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/jaguar.htm

a+

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Here comes another stunner !

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Popcorn ready, another fine build coming .

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 5 months ago:

These kits look deceptively simple in the box, but when you see the finished model they seem to take on another dimension - spirit of racing or something. Good look on this one; I'm sure it will be great.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 5 months ago:

This looks like the same basic kit but with different decals than the #4 car that I posted. Mine kit did not come with enough decals to fully cover the lower nose. Looks like your sheet might have enough. Watch the rear wing. The slots for the upright might be sunk like mine & it shows through the decal. It's a nice kit & I don't remember any major issues. Think you'll enjoy it.

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Fantastic car, this will make for a great article mate! I'm starting my Le Mans collection now as well! I might just join you in a work in progress...

• Profile Photo

Thanks. To painting, mixed tamiya for purple ... for the front and touch on decals posed because the board is old and brittle.
    the chassis / cockpit : no problem ...

a +

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Looks good so far. I used Humbrel 37 purple for my touch up.

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 5 months ago:

This is looking good mate!

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Looks great so far, Olivier.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 5 months ago:

That looks great Olivier.
    You have got these cars off to a tee.

• Profile Photo