Le Mans 1998

Started by olivier.rive · 12 · 9 years ago · le mans 1998 porsche 911gt1 revell 1/24
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Le Mans 1998

The manufacturers come back in numbers at Le Mans.
    After the disaster of 1997, Porsche want to prove he can win the race and aligns the new 911 GT1
    Toyota with three GT-One. These racing machines exploit the excessive regulation ! Mercedes returns to Le Mans with two CLK-LM quite a few "GT", and Nissan brings four R390. Finally, BMW is the only one to have chosen the LMP1 class and aligns 2 V12 LM.
    see you soon

a+

• Profile Photo

The Porsche 911 GT1 is far removed from the production car which it contains the central cell. In fact, Porsche has an opposite approach to that of its rivals by building a racing car which she counterpart a road version. 1998 will see the appearance of the 911 GT1 evolution, pure carbon chassis prototype.

This is Mercedes signing the pole with CLK-LM. The best Toyota is not far away, the 911 GT1 either, and the best LMP1, the BMW 2, advanced to sixth place !
    As against the Porsche LMP1 and Nissan are already clearly struggling. At 22h, the No. 25 Porsche took command at the halfway point, two ahead of the Nissan Porsche # 30. The No. 25 has damaged its flat bottom in a runway excursion, and No. 26 encounter cooling problems. And this is the Toyota GT-One in the lead with three laps ahead of the best 911 GT1. At 9 am : the Toyota box remakes of his own, the No. 26 Porsche took the opportunity to take command, but Toyota quickly recover its property. This is without counting the ultimate twist of fate for the Japanese: A 12:21, the box gives! The 911 GT1 thus offer twice the 26 preceding the 25. Nissan No. 32 was third.

The kit:
    A Revell box from 1999 which has the particularity to offer an already painted body ! the black around the windows is done ! The rims are also pre-painted.
    Only downside: the stickers! yes it s not mean decals but really stickers!
    Otherwise the whole is well detailed, especially the motor section (which will unfortunately invisible!)

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Another one! I'm enjoying the Le Mans theme I must admit! If your building another one then I need to build another one! Hang on whilst I visit EBay!

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 4 months ago:

You have a fine workshop going there Olivier.
    Looking forward to this build.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Here is it's predecessor:

Wouldn't feel too bad about the stickers. The 1: 1 versions graphics are a form of stickers now.
    Revell did the Evo in a regular plastic kit & I have one done by UT I think it is.

• Profile Photo

Thanks AL , the Revell model is in plastic with lacquered painting
    first assemblages, I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the casting ...
    the engine / gearbox finished... test on the chassis

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 4 months ago:

We don't need a Le Mans group build, Olivier, you've done it all by yourself! Keep up the good work, I'm sure this Porsche will look great.

• Profile Photo

Thanks George !

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Great detailing in remarkably few steps, although I know with auto modelling the apparent simplicity can be misleading.

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I wish I could build this fast! Only 3 days left now till I get home, I can start painting the Mclaren finally!
    I've bought my next Le Mans racer mate, it's the Sauber Mercedes C9.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Very nice, your production rate is breathtaking too

• Profile Photo

final pics of Porsche...
    The stickers are bad (but old...)If you want build one 911GT1 choose the Tamiya kit.

http://airplastique.jimdo.com/voitures-moto/porsche-911gt1/