QuarterWerke

Started by Erik Gjørup · 6 · 1 year ago · 1/48, 48th, airbum, Haldværk, halfworks, quarterscale
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Lightning and stuff

Having gathered a bit of 1/48 vehicles and AM parts, I wondered if it could be of interest to others?

As some might know, I have a soft spot for 109’s. But only to make 109’s might be a bit unilateral in the long run. Vehicles to the rescue! In this topic I shall try to show some of the kits and AM products I come across every now and then, so do not expect updates on a regular basis.

Now, what would a 109 group be without fuel and transport – let’s start with a pair of trucks

First up, the Tamiya Opel Blitz with some AM parts.

One thing that can always be improved is the rubber. And for the Blitz I managed to find 3 AM parts

SBS model and ResKit are some nice choices with ResKit being the latest entrant.

Another possibility is Gas.Oline, albeit only as part of some larger kits.

as can be seen they are not at all good, being just copies of the Tamiya kit-wheels and most likely aimed at the original Italeri offering that had vinyl tires.

Speaking of Italeri, they re-issued their “Tankwagen” as part of their BoB-series.

The vinyl had been replaced by plastic, and what I presume were a metal frame has been replaced by a plastic one. SBS-model issued a detail-up set and a set of wheels, and even made a conversion for a T-stoff tanker!

A conversion that I would love to get my hands on is one for a fire-truck for the Tamiya kit, and I have found some on eBay, but rather pricey, and on the other side of the globe, so no luck so far.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Great entries and a bunch of goodies, my friend @airbum! Looking forward to this great project!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Looking forward to those builds, Erik @airbum
    They are a great addition to your 109 builds.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 5 months ago:

thanks @fiveten and @johnb. The general idea is to present some stuff here, not making any builds, sort of like the 109werke topic.

Fuel

as part of the ongoing process of discussing 1/48 vehicles, I assembled a few fueldrums

Tamiya happily supply the X-tree in many of their german offerings, and one item is the 200L fueldrums. The Blitz is one of the first kits I presented on iModeler, and is just here as a prop.

I cut some from a pair of spare trees and started by glueing them. They will need some TLC before they are ready to be used

apart from the usefulness of a drum or two to add interest on the 109’s on display, they will be used for a project that I may present here. Time will tell.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

These fuel drums look really nice, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Indeed very nice looking fuel drums, Erik @airbum