Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Martini Turbo

Started by Cricket · 130 · 1 hour ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 2 days ago:

This looks really good, Cricket @bikequeen
    Nice to see the steering working as well.
    70 kits in two years, now I do understand why you have little space in the house 😉

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 2 days ago:

@fiveten thanks again Spiros, it’s been a good learning curve, and a pleasure to discover new tricks

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks John there were so many factors that could have affected the steering I was surprised it worked, the U joints are so tiny and fragile, the other kit had little black ring the keep the rack and pinion together and right away they broke. So anticipating that would happen again I used wire on this one…no way it was coming apart this time 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@jdtruby thank you John..I’m please with it all….dont know how historically accurate it is but it looks good 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 1 week, 2 days ago:

It sure does look good, Cricket @bikequeen! 😃 I'd even say it looks great! 🤩

• Profile Photo

@garybrantley thank you Gary! Now on the the body and figuring out how to do that 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 2 days ago:

@bikequeen, that's a perfect solution which will last a long time, Cricket.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks john i was really bummed when the other one failed miserably. There is so much stuff on those whereas I’m surprised they move at all

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 1 week, 2 days ago:

@bikequeen just ran across this WIP. Great detail on this build Cricket. Looks great.

• Profile Photo

@coondog thanks Matt, it’s getting there

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week, 1 day ago:

I attempted a cutaway, once, what I was a kid. It didn't turn out the way I wanted, but in fairness, I planned nothing. I'd recommend curves though, as to straight lines, because it just looks boring and as though someone has just removed some panels? Definitely research what others have done, before you put it under the knife 👍

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 1 day ago:

@bozzer yeah I have been studying the box art, it shows the wheels cutaway as well….I’m not sure I want to do that…so I may leave them off and make another display…but then again i do have room for it all 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week ago:

Well I was going to start to cut away the body today, had it all marked off and ready to go, went into the garage and fired up the scroll saw but it didn’t fire…it was stone cold dead :(. And it was FULL of brown recluse spiders….so needless to say it’s in the trash :(. Then I tried to find my jewelers saw frame and I cant find it anywhere. So I guess i will do laundry instead! OH JOY…..SIGH :/

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week ago:

That's a pity, Cricket @bikequeen
    At least you were able to find something to spend your time useful, LOL.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week ago:

And I feel guilty for wasting my time, organising files, for my 3D printer, all day?
    That sucks, Cricket 😔 Maybe you could dig out a new bike? 🤔