Tamiya Caterham Lotus Super Seven 1/12th

Started by Cricket · 33 · 1 year ago · Caterham, Lotus, Super Seven, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Thank you Erik 🙂 @airbum

• Profile Photo

So, yesterday early moring I glanced at the box art work and noticed the springs on the front shocks were painted blue. I had a blue color in stock so I took apart the front suspension took out the springs and painted them light blue! Feeling really proud of myself, I took out the box to show my husband and found out the springs were actually green…..SIGH. I’m not taking it apart again….LOL

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

I am sure the next batch of springs for the Caterhams was in blue, my friend @bikequeen. Looking great!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten LOL :). Thanks

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

They do look excellent in blue, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

Yesterdays (Sunday 11/13) updates, lotta work…Love the carbs and filters 🙂

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Caterham finished, One fender had to be redone as the paint ran badly. I put the lights and fenders on so I could show off everything with the engine bay open for view. Found out I could not put the nose on with fenders on :(. So I had to take the fender off, but had to take the wheel off to do that anyway, here is the completed car. A lot of fun to build but I just cannot get the dust off before I paint….drives me nuts. Seatbelts are a nice touch but they dont lay right and the adhesive comes apart after a few days. The steering works flawlessly but getting the steering shaft through everything was a challenge but it all worked out.

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Turned out wonderful, my friend @bikequeen! I can see you came into a few challenges.
    You may post it at the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Some amazing work done, Cricket @bikequeen
    Definitely ready to be presented on the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

I don’t see anything wrong with blue springs, @bikequeen, they go well with the green mudguards (I always thought Fenders were guitars). Good idea to post it Headlines, but I should wait a couple of days until your bike has cleared the front page. Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi Cricket, sad that I only found your build now, but what a fantastic job you have done building an icon of a car. Great work! Not sure if people know, but the colour of a spring denotes it's "spring rating". ie. the strength of the spring. Most bikes will use a yellow spring, road based cars are generally a blue, and the red more suited to track use where a stiffer suspension spring rate is required. Your blue springs look perfect!

• Profile Photo

@rory it’s okay Rory I olny posted it yesterday, thank you so much for your commnets

• Profile Photo

Thank you everyone! It was a joy to build as I may have mentioned I built one of these 20 over so years ago and sold it. I wanted another. The first one I built had the Cycle fenders cant remember what engine it had

• Profile Photo

Final touch to the Caterham 😉

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looks fantastic, my friend @bikequeen!