Tamiya Jaguar Mk II Saloon

Started by Cricket · 15 · 1 year ago · 1/24, Jaguar, Jaguar Mk II, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

While digging through my stash I came across this baby! Forgot I had it, 1/24 scale. We are going to get a massive cold front here by the weeks end so I’m trying to get some painting done as all my painting is done outside, will be difficult to do when it’s 12 outside 🙂

Had left over paint from the Lola so I thought this would look nice with Tamiya Racing Blue 🙂

Next up I will see how steady my hands are and attempt to paint the window, windshield etc etc trim

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Amazing entry and good progress already, my friend @bikequeen!
    Yes! I love the blue shade!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Perfect entry, Cricket @bikequeen
    The chosen blue fits this Jaguar perfectly.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb and anyone else peeking in :). Yesterdays work, now I have to mix paint for the interior and hand brush it cuz my airbrush skills are terrible ;( 2 different colors (reddish)

Engine is done and I got the trim done…I cheated and used a silver sharpie, worked pretty well

I got one more day to paint before we are thrust into a nasty deep freeze, which is quite uncommon in the mid-south :/

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great progress, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Very nice progress indeed, Cricket @bikequeen
    And to be honost, your finished models clearly show that your painting skills are really good.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten Welp….Tamiya says interior is red, so I mixed the colors as they recommended, brushed them on and its terrible, way to bright for Jaguar, so I am going to use Tamiya Light and Dark grey primer instead, that should kill the red that I painted on and give me a two tone color combo, will also go better with the blue body color

Today will be the last 50 degree day for awhile, temps plunge tomorrow complete w rain, freezing rain and snow!

Doesn’t seem to be a lot of interest in this build

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Hey, bikequeen, I didn’t know you had started this build. A Jaguar Mk2, the second car I ever owned, after a MG Midget Mk 3, it was a 3.4 litre automatic, pale grey, and fabulous, even though the heater didn’t work, the back seat worked very well as I remember.

• Profile Photo

Looking forward to the grays, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Interesting, my second car was a Triumph TR-4, not the same league but I loved it, 15 years ago I had a Jaguar XJ6, it was the last made by them before Frod bought them out. It had issues and I didn’t have it long but loved it too

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 4 months ago:

That’s really cool. I haven’t built a car in 40 years. That Buck Baker ‘50 Olds in the stash is calling…….

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Nice @bikequeen! I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Looks like a really cool kit. Fun to find stuff you didn't realize you had. Makes it so you can experiment a lot more without worrying about it. It's like it was free.

Good luck with the storm, it's starting here in Wisco tonight!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

That blue suits it very well, Cricket @bikequeen, and the window frames look pretty neat, too. Looking forward to seeing its progress. Does it have wire wheels?

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 4 months ago:

After Ford bought Jaguar out and introduced them to the Industrial Revolution, you didn't have to own two - one to drive while the other was at the shop. As the owner of several English cars (the last being a Sterling in which they took an innocent Honda Acura and saddled it with a Lucas "electrical system"), it's hard to believe that lot managed to invent the Industrial Revolution.

Nice work on the "saloon" so far.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@bikequeen - After Ford bought Jaguar out and introduced them to the Industrial Revolution, you didn't have to own two - one to drive while the other was at the shop. As the owner of several English cars (the last being a Sterling in which they took an innocent Honda Acura and saddled it with a Lucas "electrical system"), it's hard to believe that lot managed to invent the Industrial Revolution.

Nice work on the "saloon" so far.