Chaos Knights

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 118 · 1 year ago · Chaos Knight, custom, LED, Sci-Fi, Warhammer 40000, Warhammer 40K
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@johnb - Thanks John. I agree. With all of the other surface details on the rest of the model, the wires should fit right in.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Ditto for what our friend @johnb said, my friend @brithebuilder!
    Looks great!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looks like there is a lot of creative potential in painting this kit Brian. Its definitely dark and creepy . My kids got into painting figures. There was/is a gaming center that catered to gamers offering food and hobby supplies for folks who have the time and inclination. Reminds me of some poker players, the theme is the same but, not as much money passed hands.

• Profile Photo

One drilled out. The bottom of each has room for 3 - 3mm, orange LEDs. I did say I like to overcomplicate things. The face may actually be simplified by coring out the skull so much. I may be able to get away with a single chip LED. If I can keep it far enough away. If not, 2 will fit.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

It will look astonishing when finished, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Nicely prepared for some lighting, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo

Time to magnetize the weapons. There will be 5 weapon options, so, to keep everything straight, I typically mark a sharpie dot on the side of the magnet that gets hidden. You can see in the pic that there are 2 smaller magnets (5/16 x 1/16 N42) and 5 larger (3/8 x 1/16 N42). The 2 smaller ones will be mounted onto the cutoff ends of the shoulder/upper arm joint and the larger ones will be sandwiched inside the section that actually attaches to the weapons.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great job with the magnets, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo

Progressing nicely, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @johnb - Thanks gentlemen!

All 5 weapons are assembled and magnetized.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Amazing, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Brian,

Our you planning on putting your build in a dio or in a setting? Lighting the kit, it would help to have an environment to set the ambiance of your mech warrior.

• Profile Photo

Works and looks perfectly fine, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros!
    @stephen-w-towle - Hey Stephen, the Knight along with the 2 War Dogs will be in a diorama, fighting a group of Tyranids (Hive Fleet Hydra). I'm leaning toward a rocky reddish, Mars-like, terrain. I think it'll be good contrast for all of the figures.
    @johnb - Thanks John.

Couple bits still in my spray booth, but the Knight parts are primed. Hopefully my LEDs arrive soon. Time to build the War Dogs I suppose.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great preperation, Brian @brithebuilder
    Once the LEDs have arrived it will be great to assemble everything together.