Sandtrooper riding a Dewback - WIP

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 85 · 1 year ago · Dewback, diorama, Sandtrooper, Sci-Fi, Star Wars, Stormtrooper, WIP
  • Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 4 months ago:

"I'll post the finished pics... if anything is ever really finished."
    I've discovered that as I get older and technology has gotten more complicated . . . collaborating with people pays dividends to all parties involved. Your right about, "if anything is ever really finished." My biggest problem, I look at stuff and always think that things can be improved after the project should be "Done". Or from the experience gained your next project will be that much better.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@fiveten - Thanks!

Final pics! There is gloss in the Dewback's nose and mouth. I used Orange, Yellow and Black Conte Crayons mixed and solo in spots to add variety to the base and body. All the packs, Trooper and backpack were also hit wit the powders.

Thanks so much to @stephen-w-towle for all the suggestions. I really don't think it would have been as cool of a piece without them.

I am incredibly proud of how it came out, I feel like it's more of a sculpture now.

Now I need to start editing all of my video so I can get the build posted to my YouTube channel.

If you're interested, it's youtube.com/@brithebuilder

It'll be a couple days before this one is up there, but there's a lot of other cool stuff to see in the meantime!

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I completely agree, I look at older builds and wish I knew then what I know now... in a way it's cool though, you can see your progression as a modeler, builder, painter...

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Once you take some more photos with out the studio/bench in the back round and have gotten things on youtube Brian, please post some photos here at iModeler. Added bonus, try sending some photos to the kit maker too. I'm sure they'd appreciate your work.

• Profile Photo

@stephen-w-towle - Absolutely. It's alays fun (not fun) to convert my space for photo shoots. Once I do, I'll post as an Article/Headline. I really do appreciate all of your suggestions!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

This came out great, Brian (@brithebuilder). The colors and tones you have used are perfect. I really like the trooper who looks like he has been in the field for a long time. It was great to follow along on this build.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 4 months ago:

That is really nice. A "showstopper" as they say.

• Profile Photo

@gblair - I did attempt to both pay homage to the Star Wars universe and the description of the species as much as I could. I obviously used a lot of reference from actual large iguanas also. The blending of the two, really did work out nicely. Making things dirty and worn is one of the most fun parts of modeling for me.

@tcinla - Thanks! I'm going to set up for better photos tomorrow and hopefully post an article on the build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Indeed it turned out wonderful, my friend @brithebuilder!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

What more to say, Brian @brithebuilder
    The drewback and also the stormtrooper turned out fantastic.
    Also the sandy weathering looks very realistic.
    Happy New Year.