Working Sci-Fi Diorama - WIP

Started by Peter Hausamann · 9 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Not sure what will become of this model. I am fairly sure it will be land-based with structures.
    I am going to just let it unfold, step by step. Sometimes quickly and sometimes slowly, and sometimes backwards just so I can go forwards again; you know, the usual stuff about modelling.

It will be a working model because I want to be able to play with it later.
    About ninety percent of the model will be scratch built.
    Currently, my maximum size of the diorama layout will be 1200 x 2400mm (about 4 x 8 ft).

As usual with designing large projects as this one, I need to keep in mind that it may have to fit through doorways, halls, staircases, etc. So, the table display will be in two sections; with the top display/diorama sitting loosely onto a bench framework. The diorama, and the frame, individually ought to fit through the standard width of a room door _ about 2' 6" (760mm). In either case, they will be transported on edge through these narrow pathways. Other large structures, like a skyscraper, may also need to be easily dislodged from the diorama.

Today I made up my mind on how the table-top plan will be. I like to feel more involved with what I am doing by getting into the model somewhat. Hence the cut-out niche.

--- pic1 not found ---

... I give up.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Sounds great and really looking forward to see pics uploaded, Peter!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Looks like to be a great project, Peter @tecko
    Eagerly waiting to see your pictures.

• Profile Photo

I don't know how to post pictures.
    I looked everywhere on this website.
    There is no forum help menu, nor list of sub-forums, and
    no results in 'search' mode.
    It's not a software friendly site.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

If you press the "+ Add images to this post", a "select files" bar will appear. Hit it and select your pic to upload, then hit "post reply", @tecko.
    There seem to be some issues at some cases lately, due to change of server, so, if they do not upload, you may retry.
    At the bottom of the page there is a "Tutorials" section: hit it, a lot of very useful info is there.

• Profile Photo

I have been trying to upload the picture while editing the post, where is say "save" instead of "post reply". So I am now going to try it again in a new post. So here I go...

• Profile Photo

--- pic1 not found ---

• Profile Photo

[SF-003-plan_01]

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your help, but it's not working.
    Well, this thread start really got stuffed up from the beginning.
    I was here a few years ago and the site had issues then _due to a change of server as well. I soon left.
    Now that I am back, it seems like deja vu.

Dear Administrator. Please delete this thread.