Water Wings Group Build. A modest 1/144 H6K4 'Mavis'.

Started by Ryan Boerema · 19 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Ryan Boerema said 7 years, 5 months ago:

Sorry, Bernard, for the dilatory response. I figured I'd reply when I posted my final pics, but that seems to be further off than I'd planned.

I've made a number of flying fish, like the triplane, mostly to hang on the Christmas tree and sometimes use the Pactra paints which I've had, I think, for at least a couple decades. Those that haven't dried out work just fine.

There were no stripe decals with the kit, and nothing in my spares box.so I figured I'd try something new to me. "I learned a lot,"--which is what I say when I've stepped in it.

Many many (many,)years back I had both the Hasegawa H6K and H8K and fought several 1/72 air battles with them, somehow, despite their large dimensions, managing not to snap off the wing floats--a skill (both playing and not snapping off things) I've lost in the years since.

Hope to finish up soon, though.

• Profile Photo
    Ryan Boerema said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Well there we are... Donedy donedy.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 7 years, 1 month ago:

Looks great! Plan to post up as a headline post? Would love to see more finished pics up close and personal.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 7 years, 1 month ago:

Nice job, Ryan! Are you going to post this one to the headlines section? Let me know so I can add your model to the group build summary that I'll be posting soon.