1/32 Tamiya F-4J Phantom

Started by Brian Scott · 10 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Decided to start on a 1/32 Tamiya F-4J. Scored this for $60 on craigslist. While at work i met a former F-4 RIO whom flew with the Sundowners during Vietnam . Here is where i am at tonight . Next to start painting the interior 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Really lookin' forward to this one, Brian, the Phantom being one of my all time favorites - and Tamiya makes an outstanding rendition (as I'm sure you will as well).

• Profile Photo

My options i am looking at for my Phantom is the VMFA-212 Lancers or VMFA-333 Shamrocks 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo

While some paint dries on the cockpit i got weapons and inboard pylons complete. Time to get some primer on the weapons next 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo

Small update tonight. Cockpit gloss coated and ready for wash and landing gear assembled . Stay tuned

Brian

• Profile Photo

Cockpit wash and flat coat complete . Started dry brushing. Still more details to finish. Plane on having the cockpit finished sometime tomorrow 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Cockpit completed this morning. Now to start painting the interior of the airframe cockpit are and burner cans . Still plenty more to do 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo

Burner cans and intakes ready for paint 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo

1/32 Tamiya F-4J Intakes installed and talk about a pain in the a*s . I thought about resin intakes but not good with them at all. And even if I decided to do putty work on kit intakes it would have been a night mare . Next to get burner section done !

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 6 years, 10 months ago:

That looks spot on so far Brian. I've started assembling and painting the ordinance first as well. I read about this somewhere in an article that the weapons can often left till last, then rushed to get them onto the plane. Makes sense really.