1/32 Tamiya P-51D Mustang

Started by Tolga ULGUR · 27 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks . I m not sure but hope to finish it within about 1 or 2 months. I m not faster. Just I m walking slowly with the other kits on the bench 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Troy Brindack said 11 years, 1 month ago:

This is simply AMAZING!

• Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 11 years, 1 month ago:

After some weathering ( using artist oil paint) Mustang now standing on her legs . Later a matt coat from Gunze applied. Still needs some work for getting close to the finish line.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 11 years, 1 month ago:

WOW that is one beaut of a Mustang. The detail is simply awesome and excellent job on the overall paint. Keep up the awesome awesomeness 🙂

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 10 years, 12 months ago:

In the end... Finish line.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 10 years, 12 months ago:

Tolga,

Exceptional work. May I say that the reversed color scheme looks even more spectacular. Well worth the extra effort
    To the headlines pls! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 10 years, 12 months ago:

Be warned Tolga, eventually some plank is gonna tell you that the floor of the P-51D was painted black. This is absolutely true, but rivet counters be damned, I like the look of the wooden floor. Nice work all around (as usual).

• Profile Photo

Thanks Martin.
    When the pictures taken completed I will post an article to the headlines.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Seamus,
    Actually my reference was Brett Green s article on Hyperscale for the wooden floor.
    http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/galleries/p51dtamiyateaser32_1.htm

I will remember and take into consideration your tip for my next P-51D project

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 10 years, 12 months ago:

Tolga,

On your next P-51 project, keep doing the wooden floor. I did a P-51D with the black floor and let me tell you, it looked like hell. Sometimes it is better to use artistic license over accuracy. Who is to say that some P-51Ds did not leave the factory without painted floors anyway?

• Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Nicely rendered Mustang. "Lou IV" is sort of a Mustang cliche, but it's certainly a welcome change from "Big Beautiful Doll", "Glamourous Glen", "Tangerine" and "Cripes a Mighty the 237th".

Thanks for posting!

david

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 10 years, 11 months ago:

"Tangerine"? Yeah sure, the others you have mentioned have been done to death but I have once to see someone model "Tangerine"