Hurricane Mk.IIC nostalgia build – SMER 1/72

Started by Dmitry Stropalov · 64 · 9 years ago · 1/72, Hurricane, smer
  • Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Dmitry - I noticed on Hannants website a company called Master offer Brass cannon details for the Hurricane IIc ref MR72067. Could be an option for you if you haven't replaced the kit cannon yet...?

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Gregor, I've just bought cannon barrels from Aires two days ago, but I've checked this items on Hannants - looks very good!

Finally after priming (I've used Mr.Surfacer 1000) I've started paint works!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 2 months ago:

You are doing a great job on this old kit, Dimitry. Did this one in a Heller box nearly two decades ago, maybe crude but with some work, as you performing, it can be done to a great looking model. Mine was done oob and the details, you put in, are really breathtaking.
    If i remember correctly, i had problems to align the undercarriage properly.

• Profile Photo

Nice work Dmitry. I'm looking forward to the next update.

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Thank you for your comments! Some updates - black bottom and other black parts. I didn't use a completely black color - it's more like a very dark shades of gray (I've used several shades). Not the result that I was expecting for, but I think it's ok for the first try. Also, after filtering and weathering it should look more natural I hope.

• Profile Photo

Looks spot on Dmitry, not too black!

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Update - finished with camo. There is minor issues with the stripe, but I should be able to quickly correct them with a brush. Next should be filters and decals, but I still didn't know which filter color to use for the black bottom.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Looking really good Dmitry. I've never used filters so can't help you there. This is going to be amazing when its finished.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Your paint job looks good, Dimitry, it s often surprising removing the masks.

• Profile Photo

Filters and decals applied.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Outstanding finish. Hope mine looks as good when I get to this stage of the build. Looking forward to the finished product.

• Profile Photo

Excellent Dmitry. You should be pleased with this one as its a great build. I look forward to seeing it all done now. Fantastic job!

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Without soubt, the best Heller Hurricane, i have seen so far. Great job, Dimitry !

• Profile Photo

Thank you for your responses and for following my build - it's really helps to keep it going! Some updates - washes (dark gray, black-brown and black) and satin varnish applied. No it's time for the final assembly and weathering.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic build Dmitry. I've really enjoyed watching your Hurricane progress. Well done.