Zoukei-Mura Ho229 Work in progress. The Engines

  • 3 posts
  • Last reply 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts
  • George Johnson said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

    These things were a b***h to finish. There are so many parts that go into and onto them, but the instructions are really clear and well thought out so the process wasn’t that bad. I did have a cople of minor issues with color designations and careful research paid off. Turns out there are lots of Jumo004 pictures out there in web land, but they all look a little different. I just picked and chose which engine I wanted to approximate. In the end, it really doesn’t matter and I’m very happy with the results. I ended up using Alclads for the metallics and these included Semi-matte Aluminum, Magnesium, Airframe Aluminum, Steel, Jet Exhaust, and White Aluminum. I used Ammo of Mig panel washes, and even though I used all lacquers, the PLWs took off some of that paint. I just cannot figure out why that is. I think I’m going to try AK Extreme Metals next time, but even so, I’ve never had PLWs dissolve Mr Paint lacquers before. I guess I need to do some testing. Anyway, here are some pics of the build. You can see more of this build at http://www.georgesmodels.com

    6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • david leigh-smith said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

    Very nice Jumos, George. Beautiful detailing and hue shifts in the metal finishes.

  • George Johnson said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

    Thanks, David. This is going to be a fun build.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts