HP Victor, 139 Squadron, 1964, underway!

Started by John Healy · 40 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks, Tom. My workshop companion, Leonidas, doesn’t approve of cat skinning...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Neither does Cookie! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Cute kitties, ------- there is more than one way to skin a cat but which ever way you choose the cat is not going to think much of it, --- neither would I, ----------- my two late cats in training for the pet olympics event of synchronized sleeping !

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 5 months ago:

My German Shepherd heard you guys talking about cats ...

So did my wife's poodle...but he acts like he doesn't care. We spoil them like they were our children...which they are.

This build will take up some real estate in the display section once it's completed...

and it's looking good John !

• Profile Photo

Great looking cats and dogs, guys! I sprayed white primer yesterday. I’m hoping to get a color coat on today.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I applied the color coat and sprayed the gear wells, flap recesses, and airbrakes with some Old Silver. Decals up next!

• Profile Photo

Pics here:

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 5 months ago:

Coming along nicely John.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 5 months ago:

I love shots of these against a background including size references. It is massive! I've loved these cold war era planes as part of RAF100 - the GB is coming to a conclusion and seeing these fantastic machines come to life is just such a buzz. Thank you John - another cracker!

• Profile Photo

The Victor is rushing towards the finish line now! Today was decal day. The next time I post this plane will be when it’s finished on the reveal date. Thanks for watching!

And thanks to Paul for organizing this group build. It provided me with an excellent excuse to tuck into these new mold Airfix bomber kits!

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.