Lightning

Started by IAN JACKSON · 34 · 5 years ago · 1/48, Airfix
  • Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Hi Ian,

No insults or sarcasm here; your work is splendid.
    The bare metal finish lightning is sort of an interesting animal, in that its polished and shiny in a way that's unlike polished, shiny American jets. Not sure if its optics having to do with being photographed in English weather, or if the planes were regularly polished by ground crews. In the states, such lavish attention was reserved for a select few planes...if that... in a given squadron.

And the Lightning is a fairly straightforward model to build, but tricky to paint... between the plane's mid-wing configuration, the popular bare metal finish, and the astonishing array of paint schemes.

At any rate...Crack On!

-d-

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 7 months ago:

That’s stunning, Ian. You’ve made this look easy. And I am very sure it isn’t! It’s an essential part of RAF history and an absolutely cracking model. Thanks again - can’t wait for the final reveal. The standard of these RAF builds is now going stellar!

• Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 5 years, 4 months ago:

JUst realised that I never posted pics of the finished build here - I did in the Headlines thread, just not here... apologies !

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Ian, that head on shot is just too cool for words. Its a brilliant build - wonderfully photographed!