RAF’s wooden wonder.

Started by david leigh-smith · 6 · 5 years ago · Mosquito RAF Group Build
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

In response to Paul’s call to arms I will add my Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito. I built this a while back and it was flawless in terms of quality. The importance of the mosquito in terms of design cannot be argued, but it’s her beauty that captivates.

Salute to Paul for this tribute Group Build, thank you and kudos, sir.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Love it David - she is certainly a beauty and very welcome - along with your kind words!

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Good-lookin' build, my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 6 months ago:

This is a beautiful plane David.

There's an old saying that goes "If it looks right, it will fly right." This one will fly "right" even on just one engine ! I remember reading a story many years ago about a "Mossie" crew doing a barrel roll ... with one engine shut down, around an American plane. To top things off, the American plane couldn't catch up to the Mosquito, even with the Mosquito flying on one engine.

Thanks for sharing her with us.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Miss Mossie was certainly a Beauty and a sort of beast ... a cheetah! She could outrun darn near any and everything. To paraphrase Muhammad Ali: Fly like a butterfly ... sting like a b ... er, Mosquito! I agree, David. One can't argue its' effectiveness of usefulness. Nor can we argue her beauty! Britain has produced some homely, if very useful aircraft and tracked/wheeled (military or civilian) vehicles, but also they produced arguably 2 of the 3 "prettiest" aircraft. (And - those e-type Jags from the mid-1960s are doggoned beautiful, too!)

Louis @lgardner you are very right about the "look right; fly right" saying. The Mossie certainly "looks right" and flew/flies right! While I hadn't heard about the one engine "race" you mentioned, one thing I HAD heard about was its' phenomenal acceleration. They could also "turn on a dime and give you nine cents change."

One of the best of the VERY best. @dirtylittlefokker @yellow10

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks Paul, and the kind words are just and deserved; this is a noble and worthy group build that is a testament to skill and bravery.

To the RAF...