US Armor of Desert Storm, battle of 73 Easting

Started by Michel Verschuere · 36 · 3 years ago · M1 Abrams, M3 Bradley, T-55, T-62
  • Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks @lgardner, @uscusn, @fiveten
    Thanks so much for your comments. I got quite a bit done on the BMP today: Repaired that obvious paint issue and worked towards the finishing. I added vision blocks from metal foil painted with thinned blue enamel. I also added a Russian antenna on the vehicle. Left is dullcote and some final weathering.

I really think I did a good job. Frankly, I would not have bought this kit if it were not I was kit-starved when in Vienna over Summer. Due to a lockdown installed in Belgium (my home country) over August, we decided to stay two weeks longer. And so I purchased this ancient kit with molds dating back from the stone age...

What do you think? Menacing isn't it? 😀

Sorry for the lousy quality, I'll make better pics but wanted to share this with you already, it's bed-time here!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looks amazing, Michel @michel-verschuere.
    Painting looks super!
    I have to say the BMP has an imposing posture!

• Profile Photo

You bet Spiros, watch this video!

I think these machines were used by the "Nationale Verteidigungs-Armee" (NVA), the former East-German army. They were their main workhorse, though they also had MBTs like the T-72

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Michel, for a stoenage kit it is very high quality 🙂
    Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Michel you took this to a level that makes the kit appear to be a newer mold. Beautiful.

• Profile Photo

@airbum, @fiveten, @uscusn, @mikegolf, thanks for your comments and support my friends! I am ok with this build, though a few times along the road I thought about binning it. In the end, I gave it my best, given its age... Take care buddies!