capt. R said 2 years ago:

Some progress.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Coming along nicely, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years ago:

Often times where our own worst critic. The Revell kit has some short comings but, from what I'm seeing Lis your coming along with this project famously. For those of us who grew up in the 50,60 and 70s grazing on old Airfix and old Revell kits, the premise of building kits was to either slap them together ( where they met fates in the back yard that included fire and explosives) or the challenge was to improve the lot. With some scratch building and elbow grease. Nothing like the kits that are being pumped out like today's Eduard kits. Lookin good.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years ago:

The problems with the B.II engine nacelles and cowlings being too wide is due to the fact Revell was planning the B.III, which has wider nacelles for the radial engines. The B.III kit (I have both, unbuilt) is for sure the better kit for getting something much closer to overall accurate OOB.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla You are right, but unfortunetly version B.III was unavalible in any e-shops or e-markets. So I decided on the B.II version, also because of the interesting assignment to Squadron 138. @stephen-w-towle Overall, the kit is not bad and the parts fit perfectly well and some solutions are downright very good, but there are also weaker spots as nose part with turret. Version B.III in this place looks better and easier to build. I hope You will like the model after all.

• Profile Photo

The B.III is actually pretty nice-looking and the noseart in the kit decals is nice.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

You are definitely getting the best out of this kit, Lis @lis
    Looking great so far.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla Yes. Mabye in future I try B.III, especially with nose for mk. V "special". There is a set of decas for it, and kit comes with two type of noses.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @johnb Thank You! I do my best 🙂

• Profile Photo

You're thinking of the Sterling, and there is an Italeri kit for the Mk. V

• Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 2 years ago:

Lis @lis, I closed my eyes for a week and now I see a 4 engine bomber almost complete. Great job on your build.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years ago:

https://www.valiant-wings.co.uk/handley-page-halifax-b-mk-ii-correction-set-1227-p.asp

Lis,

If everything goes south in a hand basket, there where some correction sets. If you become , a "Fan Boy" and have the need to correct or improve. To the untrained eye, its still a Halifax. However, Valiant Wings made a correction set and there are other manufactures that could be sourced if can find them on the net.

• Profile Photo

@v1pro Thank you! I hope final result will be good.
    PS. I'm not sure that I need to open bomb bay, because there are no bombs in supplay missions. Secon reason is that bomb bay doors need to cut into two or four pieces. I don't like cutting such parts because I'm afraid of damage.
    PS. This "thing" in the center is "little pink pig" made by my daughter from plasticine 😀

• Profile Photo

@tcinla You are right 🙂 but also find this in Halifax B.III Kit. It looks like mark V "Special" nose part.