"Little Lambsy Divey" B-24 GB anyone?

Started by David Kight · 21 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Nice pics, my friend@davekight!

• Profile Photo
    David Kight said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Thanks, Spiros. I recon a four engine bomber ought to have four engines. I might experiment with the nacelle intercooler exhausts, I don't know. Those blanked off nacelles are beckoning me to open them up.

More to come,

Dave

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@Lis I think next time I'll tape the whole fuselage together and tack just to ensure alignment. I have no reason to doubt you on the Quickboost parts, but when I checked their site, all they had for B-24s were engines, cowls and props. They were "out of stock" for a bunch of their other stuff, maybe they discontinued them. I once bought a cockpit set for Hasegawa's B-47, it's a really nice set, but when I went yo buy another it was discontinued...

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 8 months ago:

@davekight You find it here:
    https://www.mojehobby.pl/products/B-24-Liberator-radiators-HAS.html
    What was the reason you gave up the open bomb bay? Any technical problems?

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the link @Lis I made the order. Apparently they only had one in stock, but one's better than none. The bomb bay is easy enough, but aftermarket bombs would be better. The bomb bay parts cracked up when I dropped it and it was easier to close than repair. I'd like to open the bomb bay on a Ploesti bird, they had a partial load of incendiaries, so I need to get some of them too...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looks really fine even with the cowlings left "as is", my friend @davekight!