Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk.Ic 1/72

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 260 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 10 months ago:

To me the satin varnish still looked a bit too shiny.
    Therefore I applied a mat varnish to reduce the shininess.

Tomorrow I will start with removing the masks. This should reveal the beautiful looks of the Wellington even more.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Great to see this Wellington build coming to completion John - nice work!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 10 months ago:

@johnb - that finish looks just right with the matte you applied. The finish line must be right around the corner at last.
    Regarding that Vallejo wash, does it actually clean up with out leaving any smudge traces? I've never had much luck with water clean up washes. They always leave slight residue behind. I guess what I'm asking, do you recommend it?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Indeed the finish line is just around the corner, my friend @johnb!
    Indeed, the.matt varnish looks more correct!

• Profile Photo

@davem, thanks, David. Should be doable to finish it this week.

• Profile Photo

@eb801, thank you, Eric. Just a few things to add, observation dome and antenna wires. From my experience, yes, the wash does leave traces and residues once it has dried to much. Therefore I start removing the excessive wash short after applying using a large amount of cotton tips (Q-tips). This gives me the best result with the wash.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Your work looks fantastic! Bomb bay are masterpiece of work! Could You make photo of finished bomb bay?

• Profile Photo

@lis, thanks for your kind words, Lis.
    Once everything is completed I will definitely include the bomb bay as well in the photo shoot.

• Profile Photo

Almost finished

After removing the masks and applying the antenna wires, I'm about to call this Wellington, done.
    Just a bit of clean up here and there, remove the dust and other remains and that should do it to present her on the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 10 months ago:

@johnb - congrats! You finished it at last! Well worth all the effort and patience you put into this John. Your Wellington looks outstanding. I think you’ve outdone yourself with this one. You’ve really have to take some detailed photos to show off this beauty.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 10 months ago:

fantastic result!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Congratulations my friend @johnb! A fantastic result, taking the most out of the Trumpeter kit! I agree with our friend @gblair, this is your best effort yet.
    Looking forward to see it at the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Great job, John (@johnb). Paint and decals look great, as does the flat finish. Well done.

• Profile Photo

@eb801, thanks a lot, Eric. I'm pleased with the outcome as well, although it was not an easy task in 1/72.