Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk.Ic 1/72

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 260 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years ago:

John,

99 percent of modeling is motivation. Especially, when doing it for a family member and daughters have sway.
    I really like what you've done with this project. Showing the crew stations and some of the details involved gives an idea of the type and what the crews had to navigate while going through the bomber. Documenting your progress makes it worth while after buttoning things up too.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years ago:

This is really looking good @johnb. One of your best yet.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

great progress! Interior looks impressive!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

@tcinla, thanks a lot for those motivating words, Tom. The PE does ofcourse help a lot. Some molded parts do unfortunately have quite some ejecter marks, but for the time being I leave them just as is.

• Profile Photo

@lis, thanks a lot Lis. Still some work to be done on the fuselage halves.

• Profile Photo

Interior on the right side fuselage finished today.
    Some touch-ups here and there.

The large rocket like parts should be painted orange according to the manual, I did however found on the net, that these are flares and do have a black color. If someone has another thought about it, I would definitely like to hear that.
    There were quite some PE parts on the Eduard set to busy up the front side of the fuselage.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years ago:

Bit late to get into this GB, and I most likely will not get a build of my own started here. However it is a joy to catch up on this one from WIP, and I like the chosen red dope used on the linen a lot. With all the glass it is going to be very visible when finished I think. You really get the most out of the eduard PE combined with good skills in the plastic and paint. Nice!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years ago:

This really is one of your best yet, @johnb! You’ve pulled out all the stops on this Wellington and it sure is paying off. I sure hope some of your hard work will be visible once you glue the fuselage halves together. Quite impressive!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Impressive indeed, my friend @johnb!
    What a marvelous interior!

• Profile Photo

@airbum, thanks Erik. It is never too late to step in, to my opinion. A lot of the interior will indeed be covered when closing it up, so I do hope all the glass will make some of it visible indeed.

• Profile Photo

@eb801, thanks a lot Eric. I do too hope some of it will still be visible, my daughter proposed to only finish one side of the aircraft so the interior will remain visible. A good idea I have to say, but I still prefer a complete build Wellington.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you Spiros. All the PE is time consuming but does make it look a bit busier.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years ago:

Another solution to see the inside might be to replace the kit-windows with homemade ones, at least for the relatively flat sides @johnb?

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

fantastic interior!

• Profile Photo

@airbum, thanks for the suggestion Erik. Indeed a good idea to make the interior more visible that way. My confidence in surgery however is not yet sufficient to get that done. I might give it a try once on a 'victim' build.