Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk.Ic 1/72

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 260 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

@airbum, thank you Erik. Some of those handles were nerve-racking to get them in place.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

Work on the Bristol Pegasus' has been done. Not to much details but still acceptable once encapsulated.

For the tail wheel, some PE was added to make the wheel cover look a bit more realistic.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Nice jobs, my friend @johnb! I particularly liked the PE at the rear wheel.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot Spiros, a bit more detailing indeed.

• Profile Photo

The nose and tail turret have been closed with transparant parts. The fit was incredibly nice, no gaps or edges. Masks from Montex have been used, most of them stick really well, but the ones on the curved sections are not coöperating well.

Next the main landing gear covers were prepared and painted together with the wheel halves and the turrets.
    I might have to do some cleaning on the turrets where the masks did not stick perfectly.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years ago:

@johnb - that's the problem I've found with vinyl masks - they don't seem to stick very well to curved surfaces. I'm surprised you painted the wheels before gluing them together. Do the treads line up ok? That tail wheel with the extra PE looks very realistic. You are going all out on this Wellington and it's really looking great, John. Pays to take your time, doesn't it?

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years ago:

This is definitely a "step up" @johnb. I'm really looking forward to the result.

• Profile Photo

@eb801, thanks Eric. Painting the wheels was not a planned action. I had some black paint left in my airbrush and was quickly looking for parts I could paint as well. Unthoughtfully I took the wheels. They will definitelly need to be repainted later on when they are glued together and a flat spot has been created. I just see it as a nice primer now.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla, thanks a lot Tom.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Looking great, my friend @johnb! Intetesting to know the info about vinyl masks.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks Spiros. I think the vinyl material is just to stiff to follow these 'sharp' curves.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

Fantastic progress! It looks like turrets fits better than Revell kit.

• Profile Photo

@lis, thanks Lis. Next will be fitting the turrets and close-up the fuselage. Lets see how that turns out.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

@johnb I think Trumpeter made better job than Revell. All Parts fits better I think, and there is more details.

• Profile Photo

Progress on the main landing gear.
    Flat spot created on the tires but they cannot be seen from the pictures.
    Dirtying has been done with a brown and black wash.
    The PE set from Eduard contains brake lines and will be added next.