USN SBD-2 ‘Battle of Midway’ Academy 1/48

Started by Paul Barber · 27 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 11 months ago:

@yellow10 - the main thing is these airplanes were well-used, been in the South Pacific and were very faded.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Paul, @yellow10
    You have made some wonderful progress on your Slow But Deadly. The details that Accurate Miniatures molded into this kit are superb. This is also the main likely reason why the need for aftermarket stuff on this kit is not needed at all. All of this is meticulously brought out with your careful paint work.

I will be pulling for you to get her done by June 4th, the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Midway. It's also hard to believe that 5 years have flown by since we had our highly successful Midway Group build here on Imodeler.

Man ! Where has the time gone ? Looking forward to you next posting. By the looks of things, you are ready for the decals.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Your detail work is amazing, Paul (@yellow10). Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build. I took a C-141 into Midway back in my flying days, and it really gives you an appreciation of what the battle must have been like.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Looking good, Paul!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Wow, George that’s incredible - totally in awe!

Cheers, John!

Louis, I couldn’t believe it was 5 years either. I had a little look back. Seeing the comments and builds of those we’ve lost or who are currently MIA. And those friendships we’ve all made then and since! Social scale modelling is a wonderful thing!

• Profile Photo

Bench now at peak chaos levels! Must be getting close!

Note to self. Add flaps last. I’ve dislodged them about 500 times. Very clumsy afternoon. I might have to reach for the Kragle.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Slightly chaotic indeed, Paul @yellow10
    Results are promissing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Looks like this beautiful bird is approaching the finish line, my friend @yellow10!

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten thanks gents - hope to be ready for next weekend.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 11 months ago:

The model just looks great! Fantastic weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Paul, @yellow10
    Your SBD looks AMAZING ! Even with one of the flaps knocked off... again. 😉 Just teasing with you about the flaps. I remember having a similar problem during my build. However, mine didn't turn out looking nearly as good as yours has. I look forward to seeing her in the headlines soon. Keep it going my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Ok Folks this one’s done and off to the headlines!

On This Day: Battle of Midway 80th Anniversary, SBD-2 Dauntless, Academy 1/48
    Thanks for all the comments. See you for the next one!