Welcome to Mystical Experiences (1/48 Fonderie Miniature Vautour IIB, Armée de l'air )

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 172 · 5 months ago · 1/48, Fonderie-Miniature, Vautour
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Hi everyone!

First, congratulations to our Admin @lis fir the creation of this great GB.

My Vautour is an already started project from some time ago...

https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/welcome-to-mystical-experiences-building-1-48-fonderie-miniature-vautour-iib/

Since any bomber is allowed in this GB, I thought it would be an interesting idea to enter it.

Here she is today...

She has been de-prioritized quite extensively so far, in favor of other projects, so it seems high time has arrived for her 🙂

More to come!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 1 month ago:

You've obviously gotten far enough in this project to know what a pig the kit is, @fiveten, but I'll still suggest you read my M2 review and use the "map of the minefield."

• Profile Photo

Have already read it (way more than once, actually I more or less know it by heart), my friend @tcinla and use it as a map indeed!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Not so often seen this aircraft being build, Spiros @fiveten
    A great entry for this thread.
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! I have a soft spot on the Vautour, first saw one well preserved example outside a Snecma aeroengines facility in France in 2003: it was love at first sight! Then I found a last copy of the not that easy to find Fonderie Miniature kit at the definitive Maurice Verdeun hobby shop in Bordeaux. How could I resist not getting one? Having already read Tom's @tcinla review at Modelingmadness a few days before (and admiring his excellent result out of the extremely challenging Fonderie kit), I knew some serious work would be ahead of me, but I was determined...

• Profile Photo
    Greg Fabian said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks, Spiros @fiveten, for helping achieve my goal of learning something new every day. I had never heard of this airplane before.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gwfabian!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 2 years ago:

The vulture has landed! Just had a look at the previous build log. You should be given shares in putty and sanding sticks. Looks stunning, Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Thanks my friend @yellow10!

• Profile Photo

Wheels finalized...

They are resin and VERY nice! Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

And drop tanks under preparation (but I am not sure if I will use them, have to see if they beef up or compromise too much the interesting Vautour lines)...

• Profile Photo
    Brian Kirwan said 2 years ago:

There are those modellers who have built an FM kit and then there are kit assemblers .
    Welcome to the brotherhood.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @info4!

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

wheels looks good!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

Very nice progress, Spiros @fiveten
    The wheels do indeed look great.