Welcome to Mystical Experiences (1/48 Fonderie Miniature Vautour IIB, Armée de l'air )

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 172 · 6 months ago · 1/48, Fonderie-Miniature, Vautour
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 months ago:

That definitely is a ferschlugginah canopt!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Oh, my, nothing fits, my friend @tcinla...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

You did an excellent job with the Humbrol 11, Spiros @fiveten
    I think I even have one in my drawer.
    The canopy is clearly another challenge.
    Any idea on how to improve the fit.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 6 months ago:

Your paint job is excellent Spiros @fiveten.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! Cannot do anything more than micro-trim till it fits better (what you see at the pic is already a couple of hours trimming yesterday afternoon 🙁

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo

Onto finals...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Great progress, Spiros @fiveten
    The clear parts look perfect this way.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! The canopy easily qualifies as most challenging I have ever fitted.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 6 months ago:

Nothing worse than an ill fitting canopy. You succeeded in making it way more presentable with all that micro-trimming and no cracking, Spiros @fiveten. Looks super good now. Almost done!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @eb801!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 months ago:

I have been absent from Imodeler for a few weeks. We have been busy with finishing up several other projects, one of which was the complete two year plus restoration of Sandy’s Dakota 5.9 Liter R/T.

It’s a great feeling when you’re finally done with something like this. Then immediately we went to work on our home and a project that was supposed to be simple ended up being a lot more complicated than we expected.

You are still the fastest and most skilled builder I have ever seen. Normally you can get speed with a model but you will have consequences of poor quality when you are done.

Not so with your work. I’m always impressed by your quality of work and the speed in which you get it done.

Sorry to see how much trouble you’ve been having with the canopy. But it is not a Tamiya or new Eduard kit, so some things are not going to fit properly.

I’m also very impressed with how nice the aluminum finish looks.

Well done my friend. VERY well done 👍

Do I see a Heinkel He-177 Greif instruction sheet in the background ? That would be awesome if we could someday get one of those in 1/48 !

• Profile Photo

Thank you so much, my friend @lgardner! In fact, I was ready to PM you due to see if all is OK, but the universe converged and here you are! Always a great feeling to hear from you!

The Dakota is finally done? I bet it looks gorgeous, pics please!

Yes, the canopy shape had really nothing in common with the fuselage cutout 🙂 So, I tried my whatever best and the result might barely be passable.

The instruction sheet is from a Revell He-177 I had started ages ago, then (if I recall well) put it already started in our Luftwaffe GB (if not, I will), plan to finish it after the Vautour.

Indeed, as nice as the MPM He-177 is (If I recall, you have one?), we might also need a more mainstream one?

Take care my good friend, always a sheer pleasure to hear from you!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 months ago:

Whatever magic you did to that canopy, it worked, @fiveten. That's now a very impressive model, the moreso knowing what a pile of d re c k you started with.

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much, my friend @tcinla!