I may be back on track but I ran into another delay. Not enough decals in my dungeon to complete the squadron markings for this particular plane so I have to wait until a new sheet arrives by post middle of next week before proceeding. However a couple of decal markings I will have to print myself but fortunately they are black serial numbers. Everything else is ready to install. Meanwhile I just started a GWH Devastator build and I have been working on the sly on a Tamiya ’66 VW bug so I have plenty else to do. Oh yeah, the Trumpeter decals seem to work just fine so far.
I forgot to mention that you will notice some indentations on the tail controls. Although Hornets were skinned with aluminum and not fabric, you could still make out subtle rib indentations on the real thing.