DHA 98 FB 40 Mosquito, A52-3 RAAF.

Started by Allan J Withers · 141 · 3 years ago · 1/72, de Havilland, DH100GB, DHA, FB 40, Mosquito, RAAF
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Allan, the cockpit looks very fine with the internal details, and I expect you will clean up the messy outside frames in the usual fashion @kalamazoo.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Allan, @kalamazoo
    You are doing some incredible work here ! I'm very impressed with how much detail you have packed into your tiny 1/72 scale landing gear. I just cracked open the box on my larger 1/48 Tamiya Mossy, and I can only hope that it looks half as good as yours does. Like the others have mentioned, I'm sure that you will have the canopy squared away before it's all said and done. That's one of your trademarks... seemingly perfect clear parts on every one of your models. I have just finished reading your build journal from start to finish. You have done some very nice work here with yours, and I will use it as a guide occasionally as I start working on my version of the famous "Mossy".

Well done my friend, keep it up. I'm looking forward to your next installment.

• Profile Photo
    George Schembri said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looking great Allan (@kalamazoo) !
    Seeing your progress also makes me wanna break open my Tamiya Mossy Kit #47!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Going back a bit, just had a look at Neil Sedaka's Betty Grable on you tube !

Thanks Spiros, -----------
    Thanks Erik, --------------
    Thank you Louis, ------------
    Thanks George, 1/72 ? -------------
    looking forward to more plastic mosquitoes !

• Profile Photo
    George Schembri said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Hey Allan, yup 1/72, same kit as yours #47 - I have two of those and one Tamiya #57 B/PR-Mk.IV somewhere in my stash.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Ahhhhh, those Betty Grable feet...
    @eb801!

• Profile Photo

Thanks George, if I'd looked at the box, I also have #53 B4 / PR4 which I'll do as a PR16, ----------
    Thanks Spiros, legs, -------------

• Profile Photo

A little more painting and assembly !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looks really great, Allan.
    Landing gear shines!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros.

• Profile Photo

The wings on with just enamel thinner to soften the plastic, only because it has those spars !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Using thinner sounds like a great idea - more or less the same stuff as the ultra thin liquid glue I suppose. Will have to give it a try one day. Great tip Allan, thanks.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looking great! I wasn't sure what to build for the DH GB - was thinking Vampire, but I may go Mossie!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik, I think it's more or less the same, much cheaper bought from the auto paint shop ! -------
    Thanks Greg, we should get the mossies to suck the blood from the vampires, more of both ! -------

• Profile Photo

Nice technique with the thinner, Allan @kalamazo, as well the prepaint of hard to reach areas when assembled ( lessons I have learned the hard way, having to live with build up paint at the surrounding areas as I was struggling for long times to reach those "blanketed" areas with my airbrush...).

Greg @gkittinger, go build a Mossie! Some guys here in this GB have already built a Vampirenom opposition!