Italerei (ex-AMT) Douglas A-20B Havoc

Started by Tom Cleaver · 55 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Overall flat coat applied and then the canopies unmasked. It's starting to look as I intended.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 7 months ago:

An outstanding performance already, Tom @tcinla
    The small last steps should not be an issue.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Looks fantastic, my friend @tcinla!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 7 months ago:

I really like the weathered OD, Tom. Your skill and patience in doing the pre-shade mottle as well as numerous shades of weathered OD on top really paid off. I will be attempting something similar with the RLM 79 Sandgelb on my Bf-110. I strongly agree that it is important to vary the tones on a near monochrome paint scheme, particularly when weathered by desert conditions. Really looking forward to seeing the A-20 in the Headlines section-very near the finish line now.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Calling it done. There was a point just before doing the final finish where I thought I wasn't going to get what I was going for, but when I flattened it down and added in the final weathering detail, it came out as hoped.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Very good work Tom, thumbs up

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Turned out very realistic, my friend @tcinla! And very attractive, too!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Looks great Tom! That replacement rudder sure is a noticable improvement over the kit piece... from any angle. Looks great as usual, cant wait to read the historical write up on this one.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Super build, Tom @tcinla
    Beautiful work on the panel shading.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Nice OD. Definitely captures the look of too many days exposed to the desert sun. Your mottling technique really works wonders. Looking forward to your MM write up.