Revell 1/32 Stuka

Started by Jay Mitchell · 99 · 2 years ago · 1/32, Luftwaffe, North Africa, Revell, Stuka
  • Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Here is my Stuka. Over all, I think it turned out pretty well. I had done some preshading , but after it was painted , the preshading wasn’t very noticeable, so I did some post shading. Revell made some nice kits back in the day .

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Jay. Your Stuka looks amazing. All that raised surface details looks great under the camo. The RLM Sandgelb is spot on. You definitely trumped my 1/48 version with your 1/32 Stuka. Well done. You can be proud of this one!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your very kind words, Morné @mornem ! It’s got it’s share of flaws, but looks good at Social Distancing distances .

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Awesome result Jay @ssgt
    To me it is much more than just 'pretty well' like you said.
    It is a real gem to look at, great scheme, decals applied nicely.
    You clearly showed that even older kits can still be turned into absolute winners.

• Profile Photo

Thank you , John @johnb ! I appreciate your compliments. Older kits interest me more then the newer ones, I’m not sure why.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Turned out wonderful, my friend @ssgt!
    Amazing to breathe life and complete an older or "classic" kit, let alone in such excellency: this 1/32 "snake" Stuka is a real gem.
    It was also a pure joy to follow your build thread.
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks , Spiros @fiveten ! I agree that it is great to build these old kits, this one went together easily . I appreciate your advice and encouragement along the way. I’m eager to see the roll out of your Revell Hurricane .

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Well done Jay , your Stuka comes nice . Nevertheless , you will allow me to notice that a little "burning" from the sun and at least a good dusting or even a more matte finish + the antenna that you probably forgot, maybe they would give more "life" to your subject .

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Thank @faraomike ! I very seldom string the antenna wires on, I don’t know why... maybe I’m lazy or perhaps because over time they deteriorate or sag or get broken ? I haven’t seen any of the newer materials I’ve seen people mention that they use for those wires available at the small local hobby shop I frequent. Years ago, I would use black thread for that purpose, over time I got away from that practice. I think my training and experience Maintaining “real world “ aircraft in the military and as an airline aircraft mechanic has bled over into my modeling efforts, in that a clean and well maintained aircraft is to be desired. That is how I build models. If I stay active on imodeler long enough though, I may get to where I can get better results . Thank you for your input, I appreciate your suggestions and generous compliments.