Academy 1/48 HAF Sabre

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 138 · 2 days ago · . 1/48, Academy, F-86E, HAF, Hellenic Air Force, Sabre, Sabre GB
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

The red accents really stand out against the NATO camo, Spiros (@fiveten)> Some of the jets in the green tail squadron had red accents in the gun troughs, and some didn't. I didn't add the accents, but I may go back later and do them. They really stand out against the camo.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks my friend @gblair! Exactly what you said, looks like he gun troughs were in many, but not all, cases painted red. And yes, they stand out well against the camo.

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 3 weeks ago:

Very nice looking camo scheme with those red accents.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Thanks my friend @alfred!

• Profile Photo
    Matt Dyer said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

I love that camouflage finish, Spiros (@fiveten). It looks like the Academy and the Hasegawa F-86 kits are very close to equal in terms of engineering, fit, etc. Of course, I am reluctant to blame the kit for any fit problems unless it is really apparently a manufacturing issue. Sometimes I get a little quick with the glue before things are perfectly lined up!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks my friend @matthewfdyer! Indeed, the Academy and Hasegawa offerings are close, exhibiting the engineering and manufacturing trends of their era. I consider them good kits, especially taking into account their late 90s origins. Having built the Academy kit a couple of times in the past, I more or less knew what to expect. And, yes, I do the same with the glue as you 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Touch-ups mostly done...

...cockpit under preparation... ... approaching decaling phase.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Looks great, Spiros @fiveten
    Love to see it with the decals on.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

Seat with some scratch improvements...

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Uh Oh, here comes that last 10% of the build that takes 50% of the time to complete! Let's just hope that the decals don't age beyond usage before you get around to applying them! 🙂

Ejection seats are one of those must detail parts of cockpits. Looks good so far.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @clipper! Oh, my! 90% done, 90% to go 🙂 Let's hope I finish this one soon 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Seat in progress...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 4 days ago:

A fine looking seat, Spiros @fiveten