Airfix 1/48 F-86F-40, Markings TBD

Started by George R Blair Jr · 137 · 2 hours ago · . 1/48, Airfix, F-86F-40
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Thanks, Spiros (@fiveten), John (@johnb), and Erik (@airbum). Hope to get some work done today, but we are dead center in the path of a total eclipse, so I plan to spend some time outside in the dark. 80% chance that clouds will obscure the event, but it will still get dark. Cool.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Total eclipse definitely has priority, my friend @gblair 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Felix said 1 month, 1 week ago:

How was the eclipse, George @gblair? Looking forward to seeing some F86 pics!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 1 week ago:

A total eclipse is so impressive, George @gblair
    Hope you enjoyed it.

• Profile Photo

Hi Spiros (@fiveten), Felix (@fxrob), and John (@johnb): The sky was completely covered in clouds until about 20 minutes before totality, then the clouds opened up and we had a perfect view. Got the lawn chairs out, put our viewing glasses on, and then watched the big event. Once in a lifetime stuff. Today we have thunderstorms and tornado warnings, and it is really humid. Probably not much painting today.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic pics of an once in a lifetime event, my friend @gblair!

• Profile Photo

I have had a very interesting interlude in moving this kit forward. I have a resin seat for this plane, but I wanted to see what I could do with the kit seat. Over the last few days I took the basic kit seat and sanded the sides until they were scale thickness. I cut holes in the side of the seat for the belts, and one in the back for who knows what. I then created and added arm rests, a seat cushion, new foot rests, a disconnect for the oxygen hose, and ejection seat handles. I managed to lose the headrest over the last few days, so I designed a new one and printed it in my 3D printer. I still need to add the Eduard belts to the seat and finally add an adjust rod to the seat. I added the Eduard 3D resin instruments to the instrument panel and cockpit tub. The last task today was to create a throttle quadrant for the left side of the cockpit. With that done, I was ready to move forward on the rest of the plane. I would love to show you the pictures I took, but I haven't been able to import photos into iModeler for almost a week. Hopefully I can figure out why I suddenly can't import photos.

Cheers

• Profile Photo

Sounds like you created a beautiful seat, George @gblair
    Looking forward to see those pictures.

• Profile Photo

Great progress, my friend @gblair! Looking forward to the pics!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, John (@johnb) and Spiros (@fiveten). I plan to try some things to get the photos posted. Hopefully more soon.

• Profile Photo

I think I have remediated my photo upload problems by using my 12 year old Apple laptop to communicate with my iPhone. This seems to work, for now. Here are some photos to catch up with where I am.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looks really beautiful, George @gblair
    Glad you found a solution to upload those images.Still strange why you are facing those issues.

• Profile Photo

Looking super so far, my friend @gblair! Great that you found a solution for uploading!

• Profile Photo
    Felix said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Lots of lovely details on that seat, George @gblair! Looks great!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, John (@johnb), Spiros (@fiveten), and Felix (@fxrob). I hope to get moving on both models today. I have grandpa time coming later today, so I am not sure how much time I will have. All of my photo upload problems started after Apple did an update on my phone. So, apparently my phone will talk to Apple computers, but not PCs. Figures, right?