Digital Figure Sculpting

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 117 · 1 month ago · 3d modeling, 3D printing, 3d sculpting, digital, figure, sculpting
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Almost all the parts have been printed. The only thing missing is the base. I divided it into 4 sections and they're still too large to fit in the Mars 4 Max. I should have really printed at 1:12 instead of 1:6, but with all of this done, I didn't want to start over and re print everything smaller so I just bought a bigger printer. LOL I could have also cut up the base into 6 pieces instead of 4, but then there's more potential for visible seams and imperfect fit... It's a good thing the 3d printing process allows the end user to scale to whatever size they want. I have also made adjustments to a few of the parts and reprinted. The hope is that the final version will be able to be assembled with very little gap filling and sanding necessary. It is challenging to account for all of that when initially cutting things up. The right side of Conan's torso still doesn't want to fit into the belt quite right. It's all just part of making a custom model I guess. I will have to continue to develop a way to cut pieces to minimize those issues.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 month, 1 week ago:

@brithebuilder thats amazing Brian! The detail is incredible. Would look nice on a wood base like walnut or something

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - Thanks, I appreciate it. A wood base would actually be quite cool... I'm not going to be able to manage that on this project though. Too many tools in storage as I prepare to move next weekend.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 month, 1 week ago:

@brithebuilder Oh moving UGH! That screws everything up…all the best

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 1 month, 1 week ago:

This looks amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Looking amazing, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Those parts do look great, Brian @brithebuilder
    All the best on your moving next week.

• Profile Photo

@coondog - Thanks Matt. I appreciate it.
    @fiveten - Thanks Spiros!
    @johnb - Thanks John, I appreciate it on both counts. Moving does suck in general, but it will be cool to set up in a new space.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Those parts look outstanding. Good luck with your move, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo

@eb801 - Thanks Eric, I appreciate it.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 1 week ago:

These resin prints are spectacular, Brian (@brithebuilder), and they are especially cool when you factor in the fact that you also digitally created them. These are as good or better than anything I have seen online. Your level of detail is pretty amazing.

• Profile Photo

@gblair - Thanks George, I appreciate that. It's been a lot of fun doing all of it.