Checking in….

Started by Editor · 25 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Editor said 8 years, 2 months ago:

This group should be working now. Feel free & encouraged to post your topics!

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Good luck with this one, guys. As I built the Tamiya 1/32 version last year I won't be 'clocking-on' for this.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks for the help Martin!

• Profile Photo

Since the Phantom is one of my fav's, I have more of them in my stash than just about anything else - so got to choose! The top three vying for consideration are an Israeli E or RF, a Luftwaffe RF, or adding some Sundowner decals I snagged a while back to a Navy J. I also recently saw a pic of a Greek Phantom and just loved the color scheme...

I am committed to make my selection by end of week! (perhaps I can get two done...?)

By the way - mine will obviously be 1/72 - only scale I build!

• Profile Photo
    Barry Courtney said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks for the add to the group. I haven't been on here much but this will now give me more incentive to join in. I haven't got a Phantom in my "small" stash but off to Yeovilton in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll pick one up. As for getting it done by August. Well, keep your fingers crossed for me guys! I'll be looking for a 1/72. don't have much in the way of storage space for anything bigger. SWMBO won't let me!

• Profile Photo

Ok - I've decided (sort of). I'm building two:

Hasegawa 1/72 F-4E that I'll build as an Israeli.

Testor / Italeri 1/72 RF-4 C/E that I'll build as Luftwaffe.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 8 years, 2 months ago:

OK Greg, I am in mate.
    Revell 1/48 F 4 C/D sitting pretty.
    Not sure which one yet.

Simon.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 2 months ago:

This is the Phantom kit I’ve chosen (there's an option for "Boots" Blesse's ride - think I'll do that one) – thanks for the group build efforts, Greg...

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Right, here she is.

And this version.
    F 4 C based at Hickam AB, Hawaii, 1984.

I picked this one, cos, I want to do the gun pod LOL...
    Simon.

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I don't have any Phantom in my stash, so I should check my local store first.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I have a started Academy F-4B the kit is really nice, why not doing the Bicentinnal Edition from Eduard as a second one for the GB.
    Will do photos of this kit on the coming weekend

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Will have to pick up a kit - will probably be 1/72 - am thinking of a RAAF F-4E

• Profile Photo

Simon - love the fact that the gun pod drove the decision! My dad flew F-4's out of Cam Rhan Bay, and his always had the gun pod slug underneath it. My first F-4 model has a load out that he normally carried, complete with the gun pod.

• Profile Photo
    bob mack said 8 years, 2 months ago:

i'm in Greg...Tamiya 1/32 F4-J / VF-84 skull & bonesmen...no mini-gun

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I'm in, just to buy something. We're in the middle of the Spring Festival/Chinese New Year celebrations at present, so everything is on shutdown, so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks...