1/72 Rhodesian Alouette 3 G Car with FN MAG.

Started by Roan Honywill · 3 · 3 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Roan Honywill said 3 months ago:

Hi all.
    As advised by some fellow members.I have created a topic on this.
    I am new to this site so please bare with me, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

I've always had an appreciation for the Rhodesian Services, as my parents are Rhodesians, and many if my family were involved with the bush war in some way.

Without getting to carried away.

I wanted to do a G Car. And having looked around. I found that a couple people had actually done so and posted online. One individual is a member of this page, and as I mentioned yesterday, the inspiration came from them. So thank you sir, Mr Anthony Ricco.
    You did an excellent job sir.

Thank you to all those who chipped in on my previous post. Very welcoming.

I digress.

I stared my 1/72 Rhodesian Alouette 3 biuld
    By assembling the engine and took measurements.
    Then, draw up on CAD software the "elephant ears". The Air intake baffles. Renowned on Rhodesian and SAAF Alouette 3s
    These can be found on thingaverse.com. for free. Please feel free to swing by and have a look. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6419540

I have attached photos of the kit in question, progress on what I have started. And inspiration from archived footage online.

I have left out Mr Riccos images as those can be found here.

39 - 1/72 Heller Alouette III - In a Rhodesian K-Car scheme
    I also need to mention again. The help I received from Mr Hugh Bombford, of the Retired Rhodesian Services Association. Hugh sent through some photographs of the display they have at the Lion and Tusk Museum in Tauranga New Zealand. Please do check them out online and if your around that way go check it out.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

Excellent entry and superb job so far, my friend @roanhonywill!
    Looking forward to your next steps!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months ago:

Thanks for posting your progress here, Roan @roanhonywill
    Eagerly awaiting the progress of this Alouette.
    Not to forget, welcome to iModeler.