AB 212 - ISAF

Started by Anthony Ricco · 29 · 1 year ago · 1/48, AB 212, Aeronautica Militare, AMI, Helicopter, Huey, ISAF, Italeri, italy
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looking nice being primed, my friend @anthonyricco!

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Thanks a lot @johnb and @fiveten, yeah will have to be careful but think it will work better painting with it on and not having to fiddle with getting it on and messing up paint.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looking good, Anthony. From the very nicely detailed interior to the primer stage, this is evolving quickly into a great build.

• Profile Photo

Hey all, long time no updates - sorry, here is the start of the black basing on the AB 212, started with the grey and used different colours for the highlights in the mottling then moved onto the green.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I then used prestik/blu tac, to cover and spray the 2 camo colours. Very lightly so the mottling beneath still comes through.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Then a thin coat very fine of a mix of the grey and green is sprayed over everything to unify the camo.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Then the skids are painted and some black for the anti slip painted on as well as the underside aluminium and the anti glare on the nose, now ready for details and a clear coat.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Superb painting technique, my friend @anthonyricco!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Nice paint technique and ditto result, Anthony @anthonyricco

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year ago:

Hey all - long time no updates, work has been crazy - just a few updates on the AB212. Decals are on and gloss coated now - details on the guns done as well. I lost one of the guns but a friend who build the same kit - but the rescue version kindly donated hers to me, shew.

• Profile Photo

So when checking references there are these round loop hooks under the AB212 that the kit didn't have and I really wanted to replicate, Tried many different things like wire, hose, sprue etc, and nothing worked, I was about to give up on the idea when I picked up a cotton bud and may have pushed a bit too hard in my ear and activated my brain because I figured it out - The humble cotton bud was the answer - I obviously used a new one and cut the pipe of it - and it was perfect. Cut them, glued a square piece of sprue to it and hooks we had - think they turned out Ok.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looking superb decaled, my friend @anthonyricco! Amazing "save" on the lost gun: luck was with you. And of course, lost of words for the hook rendition! Ingenious!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Finally a build with some luck, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Those hooks came out perfectly, a nice addition.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros @fiveten - yeah was very lucky to have a friend with a gun haha, and thanks John @johnb I'm happy with how they came out. nice little detail only I will ever notice unless I tell everyone about it.