Boeing Vertol CH-113 Labrador -- HobbyCraft 1/72

Started by George Schembri · 5 · 1 year ago · 1/72, CH-113, Labrador
  • Profile Photo
    George Schembri said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Well, maybe I did enjoy building that Hasegawa Cobra I a little more than I'd like to admit.

I think I'll give this kit a 'Whirl' after finding it a my LHS resale store. It's the Boeing Vertol CH-113 Labrador by HobbyCraft in 1/72 scale - Kit # HC2301. Something about the bright YELLOW that made me attracted.

I was a bit hesitant at first but when I found the Belcher Bits BD11 Decal set I ordered then right away and now the hesitation is gone. I thought the 1982 Yellow scheme was a sure bet but maybe I'll consider the '77/'80 Red White & Blue scheme instead. The HC decals look okay and give a Canadian option and an American option but I'm gonna go with the Belcher Decals.

Also got a few extra bonus option with the Belcher decals if I chose to do any more Canadian copters, always good to be prepared. Bonus decals were for a CH-149 Cormorant (AW101) and a Bell CH-146 Griffon (Bell 412EP).

This decal set looks very nice and I expect them to be up to the great quality I've found other Belcher decals to be.

I also ordered Belcher set BD21:H-21 (you never know...maybe a Canadian H-21?) and set BD-10: CF-101 Voodoo and BD38: RCN TBM all in 1/72 as the deal was to good to turn down as a group shipment directly from the Belcher Website.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

A great entry and very interesting schemes, my friend @georgeswork! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looking forward to this Labrador, George @georgeswork
    Eagerly waiting which scheme you will decide to do.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 8 months ago:

This one is going to be cool, George. The red white and blue version would be something I have never seen done before but they are all nice. Welcome aboard on your new build!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Good one George, no progress yet ? the red white blue scheme does look good, i have a couple of yellow ones to do also, so many kits to do !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.