[Solved] iModeler is abandoned by admins?

Started by Dmitry Stropalov · 45 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Simon, I'm here, but am not getting or able to send PM's. If you happen to be in touch with Neil Foster, could you please let him know I sent his turret off in the mail last week?

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 3 years, 3 months ago:

All good news! Alive and kicking in '21 ! That shows how ignorant that I'am about computer things, I hadn't realized the potential problems yous guys were relating about. I do know that it's a great site and it would be missed if it went away. Be well every body.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 3 months ago:

I am so happy everyone's worries have been allayed about the site being in peril. Refreshing too that our administrator has handled this which such aplomb and a sense of humor. I've always liked that story about Mark Twain. I just want to add my voice to the chorus of support for iModeler. Even with the occasional glitch (which I have only rarely experienced), it is by far the easiest and most rewarding site I have have used to share my work. I love the look of the articles when posted and the ease of building a quality presentation or commenting on the work of others. Participating in Group Builds has also been a great pleasure for me and I am very happy with the functionality of the tools offered. Finally, I want to mention as have others that we have a great community of generous, decent and very talented people at iModeler - something that is quite rare online. I look forward to continued sharing and thank everyone who has helped to create and maintain this site technically and as a social experience.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 3 years, 3 months ago:

I have emailed him, hopefully he will get it, fingers crossed.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 3 years, 3 months ago:

There are sites that are funded by their members and they have funding drives to help pay for administration costs and with paying for and maintaining hardware. I would have no problem in contributing to cause. Birds of the feather flock together and Imodeler seems to attract people who
    are interested in the "Common Good" of the hobby vs "After me you, come first." Egos and nepotism are put aside for the love of the hobby.

Martin, good to read that your in the back round and are with the living. Given the times.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Glad to hear the site is alive and well. This is a great group that I have really enjoyed interacting with.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 3 months ago:

I would just like to echo the positive comments mentioned here, thank you admin, long live iModeler !

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Good to hear that iModeler is alive and well, thank you very much, Martin.

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Thank you, Martin, for the update and your time.
    In regards to finances...is the so called "kickback" from purchases via Amazon still work?

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Phew!

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks, Martin! PM posting pics and email notices seem to be in working order again. Nice!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Martin @techsupport!
    Long live iModeler!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Great work @techsupport !

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Things seem to be working better. Yes. Long live iModeler!
    Thanks @techsupport

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Hi all, yes I have now rolled back the recent update which caused some of the Javascript (private messages...) to break. Hopefully everything is working again as it used to.