More posting problems

Started by Rob Anderson · 30 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 8 years, 4 months ago:

I can edit my own articles, but cannot comment on others comments, nor can I post a comment on other articles. I get the box to do the comment, I can type it in, but when the page reloads after saving the comment, my comment is not there.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 8 years, 4 months ago:

This seems to be a similar issue to that experienced by Greg @gkittinger
    Thanks for letting me know, as this means that we're at least having a pattern. Also, the problem seems to occur with comments, but not articles or forum posts/replies. At this point I strongly suspect that the trouble has to do with our recent core upgrade, where some elements of the comment form have been changed.

The bad thing is that we're still unable to replicate this on our end and judging from the activity log at the site, other users are able to leave comments. This makes searching that bit more difficult, so please bear with us as this might require multiple tests

I have now disabled the CDN caching to ensure that anything your browser reads is being pulled directly from the site. Any improvement?

• Profile Photo
    Stellan Schroeder Englund said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Just posted a Canberra cockpit article but can only add 6 photos, its says I´m over some limit... In my Firefly article I had a few more photos. My wrong or a general problem?

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 4 months ago:

I still cannot post a thing! Just tried again to comment on Stellan's wood grain article - no result!

• Profile Photo

@stellan - would you please try to re-open (edit) the article & add the lacking pictures, what happens then? I'm afraid I'd need to know the error message in order to proceed.

@gkittinger - most likely @robertandy has the same problem. Working on it right now.

• Profile Photo

This is the text i get when trying to add more photos.

Error: File is too big. The maximum allowed file size is 8.0 MB. Australien 2015 1341.JPG

Do I have to resize them and save again or is there an actual problem...thinking if photos are bigger files as I used different camera for these photos...I can try add another article with photos from other camera.

• Profile Photo

Tried to create new article; first with one photo. Worked fine, added another, not fine... Deleted the one photo i had and the file not working. Tried to add a new photo, not working. Getting same File is too big message.

• Profile Photo

@stellan Re: Error: File is too big. The maximum allowed file size is 8.0 MB. Australien 2015 1341.JPG

The system must have a restriction on maximum file size to prevent potential abuse of server resources. Actually, we have once increased this limit from 6 to 8MB to accommodate new camera models. Are these files really over 8MB each? The way to check (Windows): right-clik on the file name, then select "properties" from the menu, then look for what the "size" says.

I'd be grateful for this check, and also for info on the camera model.

Thank you

• Profile Photo

Checked all photos, image info says ca 3,2-5,9 MB so they should be below limit. Using an EOS 700D for Canberra photos and an old point n shoot Samsung WB 550 for Firefly and other photos.

• Profile Photo

@gkittinger and @robertandy. Thank you for bearing with me on this, now is the time to ask for another test.

We have discovered that there was a high load on our database server, which BTW has been causing some trouble w/accessing the site this morning. Really, there's no way of knowing if your problems have been related to the database, but as we have now done a complete reset of it, I would like to ask you for another quick comment posting test.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    /m

• Profile Photo

Still did not work, sorry 🙁

• Profile Photo

But oddly enough I could reply here?

• Profile Photo

Yes, the problem seems to affect only the comments to articles, not group threads, activity stream or private messages. Yes its odd :/

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 4 months ago:

I tried as well - and no success. Still cannot comment.

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Worked like a charm for me. Added textual and photographic comments to the Midway build in the WIP section. Did this last night.